Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much??

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

when you go food shopping what is your total? i went shopping and i bought the basic, apples, grapes, 2 gallons of milk, wonder bread, dog biscuits, some gummy snacks for mimi, tampons (lol), diapers, condoms, formula, and a new bottle for mason, and fish food and maybe some other things (veggies, yogurt, meat, chicken ect). the total was like $130! gosh! how much does your food bill usally come out to, and what do you buy?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WildKat
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM

If I buy just breakfast, lunch, and snack basics, it's about that - 130-150.  If I add a week's worth of dinners - It can get close to $300 in one week. 

Peace,

Kat

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Since I started shopping at Aldi, I spend right around $100 for 2 weeks. Prior to that by groceries would cost 150-250 for every two weeks shopping at Public or walmart.

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I spend $400/mo for a family of 5

footballmom7
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Quoting Phatpatswife:

Since I started shopping at Aldi, I spend right around $100 for 2 weeks. Prior to that by groceries would cost 150-250 for every two weeks shopping at Public or walmart.

what is aldi???  we have one here but i have no clue what it is. 

me, i spent 150-200 every 2 weeks. 

gonetomiss
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:44 AM

We are a family of four, however DH is out of town for about three weeks at a time.  For the house we bulk shop at Sam's club once a month and spend $300 to $500.  We get meat, school snacks, cereal, etc.  We spend another $150 per week on produce, milk, bread, and other perishables.    Out of town DH spends about $200 per week on food.

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Just spent $35 last trip.
Bought spagetti, tomato sauce, chilli beans, 4 family packs of chicken, apples, bananas, lettuce, spinach, 4 boxes of mac and cheese, soda, diapers, paper towels

ramadan mubarak

FlagMomNick
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I spend about $100 per week for a fam of 5 (soon 6) plus my monthly Costco trip which is about $80. we don't do alot of pre-packaged foods so it's cheaper, plus I won't shop athe the regular stores, I go to the big ugly bag your own places because it costs about 1/2 as much.

Sygar71
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I probably spend about 150.00 or so a week on a family of 6.  that doesn't include the endless trips to the store for soda, milk, bread ect all week long... When I go shopping I can't keep enough koolaid, lemonade, or Ice tea or whatever in the house..Kids are monsters..LOL I can't afford to buy steak, lobster,shripm ect. so it's pork chops, ground beef and chicken..God I need something new for dinner tired of the same stuff over and over again..Anyone get that way?

..I do alot of shopping at Aldi's but I don't buy the meats there they are prepackaged..lol.. I go to Save-a-Lot.. they have a deal where you can get 5 packs of meat for 19.99, which is a good deal and they have an actual meat cutter there, not prepackaged stuff.

For those that don't know..Aldi's is a grocery store that has everything a normal grocery store has but the stuff is at a cheaper price. It may not all be brand name but that's not an issue for me..If I'm gonna pay 1.19 for a bottle a ketchup instead of 2.49 for the same bottle at a grocery store I'm all for it..LOL.. but like I said I don't buy my meats there..I won't buy prepackaged meat. I worked in a meat dept for 3 years so I prefer fresh cut meat..and I watch the dates on the meats I buy..Hehe..

mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM

mmm about 250-300 bi weekly.  Son is on special diet.  5 people in the family

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Sometimes $140...sometimes $200 if we are buying toiletries...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)