Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else think this is wrong?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM
  • 13 Replies

We have known this couple for many yrs, My husbands dad took an extreme liking to the wife, I mean extreme they run a small business and the set up at various places, whenever they did He would go just to be with her He called her and talk t her for hours on the phone it was no secret that he was persuing her even though she is married I am not sure what her husband has done to try to put  a stop to it. We recently found ou that her husband is terminally ill with  pancreotic (sp?) cancer he has less the a year to live. I know that assoon as he passes the wife is gonna move in and be with my husbands dad, He spent the weeend at their house and she spent the night with him on sunday. I think this is very very wrong I told my husband that I dont liek wat his dad was trying to do but he doesnt seem to care he stands by his dad no matter what what do you think?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jynnifer292
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM

It is absolutely wrong. She should be taking care of her dying husband. It sounds like they deserve each other. 

We are all shades of gray. It’s been said again and again; life’s a process. We are fleeting moments that come and go, and I am grateful to have my time, my aspirations and my mistakes, my flaws and my abilities. Think of me what you will, but before you do, don’t. Alexander William Gaskarth

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Wow she should have more respect for her dying husband, and your FIL should have a little more self respect as well. Wow!

<3 Aubri Stacia & Tyler Joseph <3

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Yeah, but what can you do. They are adults. My grandmom met a man while my poppop was dying of cancer and moved him in a month after he passed away.

ramadan mubarak

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Adults are allowed to make their own choices.  They are the ones that have to live with them.  Whatever they do is their business.  What other people think of it is irrelevant.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

It may not seem right, but I don't know the arrangement that she has with her husband.

desi_dylan_bri
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Adults are allowed to make their own choices.  They are the ones that have to live with them.  Whatever they do is their business.  What other people think of it is irrelevant.

yep pretty much. and let me ask you this. is it only wrong because he has cancer? what if he was perfectly healthy and she just wasnt in love with him anymore? most of you would probly tell her to follow her heart. it is awful that he is dying, but dont judge her based on her husbands illness.

Jynnifer292
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Quoting desi_dylan_bri:

Quoting myfoursonsks:

yep pretty much. and let me ask you this. is it only wrong because he has cancer? what if he was perfectly healthy and she just wasnt in love with him anymore? most of you would probly tell her to follow her heart. it is awful that he is dying, but dont judge her based on her husbands illness.

I would tell her to get a DIVORCE and THEN follow her heart.  Cheating on your partner is a horrible thing to do, sick or not. There is no excuse for it and no situation that it would be okay.

We are all shades of gray. It’s been said again and again; life’s a process. We are fleeting moments that come and go, and I am grateful to have my time, my aspirations and my mistakes, my flaws and my abilities. Think of me what you will, but before you do, don’t. Alexander William Gaskarth

amanibani1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I think that the only reason it seems more wrong than what it really is is because the husband is terminally ill. If he was perfectly fine, people would still think it was wrong but wouldn't be as outraged... I don't think its wrong that she developed feelings for someone else, but I DO think its wrong that she is not giving her full, undivided attention, for now, onto the person that she married. Since he is terminally ill, she should be helping him through this FIRST, not courting...

ariannasmom114
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM

they r just scandlous i feel bad for her dying husband poor guy

momsndaughters
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I think that none of us really know the whole situation...The only ones who know what is really going on are those directly involved. I've heardof many cases where the man is terminally ill and is completely ok with his wife looking for future happiness....Who knows, even though they may be married, doesn't mean that they are anything more than friends.  In todays day and age, people marry for many reasons....not always love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)