• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's for dinner today?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 16 Replies

Looking for different meals that will feed 7 I have 7 people in my household now

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Don't know yet!
My favorite big meal to make is Maklouba!
It's chicken, rice, chick peas, calliflower, eggplant,  potato and carrots cooked together! You boil the chicken with nutmeg, cummin, garlic, cinnamon, all spice salt and pepper. , fry the veggies (other than chickpeas) and layer veggies sttarting with the potato, then the chicken, then un cooked rice, cover with the chicken stock and more seasoning in a pressure cooker! After the rice is cooked and all the broth absorbed, flip it over on a serving platter! Yummy!!!!

ramadan mubarak

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Doing take out tonight..... I dont want to do any cooking or dishes tonight. Trying to keep my evening nice and relaxed - having my c section tomarrow morn

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I would love a curry chicken recipe if anyone has a good one.

My friends dad use to make curry chicken with rice and I have been craving it this whole pregnancy, but I dont live near him anymore. He did email me a picture of it though hahaha.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:57 AM

baking
Hi,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups...

Recipes
Crock Pot Moms
Recipe Swap!
HOME COOKING RECIPES

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

25beengoodtome
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Chicken. bake or boil it, dice it nice & neat, add a LARGE can ofCAMPBELL's Cream of chicken, celery, or mushroom soup. Heat it, serve over a bed of cooked rice, with a side of veggies, salad, and some toasted garlic bread.

~Marie~, ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED TO CAFE MOM and loving it!
trishasjunebug
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM

It's my birthday! So we are having steaks, shrimp, and corn on the cob, all on the grill :) YUM! And for dessert my mom made me a homeade triple chocolate/cherry birthday cake!

CallieJo05
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Macaroni and Cheese with real bacon chopped up in it with garlic bread on the side....you other ladies sound way to adenterous for me!! lol .

CarterMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM

not sure yet but i have ground beef defrosting...

Hisservent
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I'm making pancakes with carrots crated up in them and cinnamon with maple flavoring. Sooooo good. I like to grate veggies in them to add to it and I started doing that to sneak veggies in my son's diet.

We're going to have fruit with them also.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christian, choir singin, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, CIO method usin, soy milk drinkin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get, TTC #2, WAHM.

queeniceone
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM

if you love tacos you'll love this inexpensive meal.

INGREDIENTS:

ground hamburger

taco seasoning packet

instant mashed potatoes

feista blend shredded cheese

these next ingredients are optional:

black olives, salsa, sour cream, nacho cheese doritoes, green onions, etc. (pretty much whatever you would enjoy on a taco) (the doritoes are to add after, it gives it a cruch like a hard taco)

follow the directions on both the taco seasoning packet for the ground hamburger, and the directions for the instant potatoes (hint: i replace water with chicken stock) then you layer the mashed potatoes, then the seasoned hamburger then cover it with a layer of shredded cheese and bake it until the cheese is melted. after that dish it out then everyone can have what they want on there taco casserole. so simple, you can make a ton of it easily and inexpensive, and it's fun for the kids too, they can even help...

MOTHER TO MADDOX SYLAR

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)