Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tilted Uterus????????

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM
  • 23 Replies

I am carrying my second child and at my last visit during my pap smear my doctor told me that I had a tilted uterus. What exactly does that mean.....and will it effect my dicision to get the IUD (mirana).......

Just really confused. Doctor wasnt alarmed, but I wouldlike to know how it happens or if its a bad thing...will I have problems later down the road?????? Anybody know????

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsReesca17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I have a tilted uterus.  It's tilted forward, so it's more "shallow" in my body.  I carried big with my daughter and showed early on in my pregnancy.  I've had regular periods (every 28 days) since I was 11.  It won't affect you getting an IUD.  It just means that your uterus is leaning more towards one side.

Gretchen2876
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I have it too, it's genetic. Your uterus corrects itself while pregnant. It's actually extremely common. It shouldn't have any effect on Birth Control. The only "problems" that I have, is that because it's tilted, if I get cramps they're in my back instead of my stomach. No biggie.

http://gmoerch.avonrepresentative.com/
A pond am I, not deep, not shallow.
jcsmummy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM

mine is tilted back too, which actually made childbirth easier for me. my doctor did not see any issue with me getting an IUD. so far as i know it doesn't cause any problems.

Crystal, proud wife to Justin (12/17/07),
proud mommy to 'Turkey Pie' Jamie (01/19/05)
and 'Baby Bear' Corben (07/10/08)

AVON_Mama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

MIne has been tilted for YEARS and I never had any problems with it. I don't know if there are any problems. If so I never heard of any. My time of the month is extremely painful but, I don't think that is the reason.

BabyBoyBlue
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM

My uterus is tilted backwards also and all that it seemed to affect is it took longer for me to show when I was pregnant. Haven't heard about any negatives from them either.

RaeLynn1221
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM

My Gyno told me I have a tilted uterus when I was 17. She said not to worry it isn't uncommon. She said it MAY be difficult to get pregnant. ? Anyone ever hear of this? Anyway I have never had any problems.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN^^^^^^^

resamerie
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I have one. Not sure about the IUD thing. Just a word of advice; if you ever have a gyn. exam by a doctor that doesn't know about it, please make them aware beforehand. All I have to say is OUCH if they don't know how it's tilted!  

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
Gretchen2876
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Quoting RaeLynn1221:

My Gyno told me I have a tilted uterus when I was 17. She said not to worry it isn't uncommon. She said it MAY be difficult to get pregnant. ? Anyone ever hear of this? Anyway I have never had any problems.

Mine is tilted pretty far back, and I had 4 kids in 5 1/2 years. So...............no fertility problems here,lol

http://gmoerch.avonrepresentative.com/
A pond am I, not deep, not shallow.
IhartU
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM

My mid-wife told me that back in the day it was thought a woman with a tilted Uterus couldn't conceive. Obviously it's not true because I get pregnant at the drop of a hat!

tretresmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM

i am not sure if that is my problem or not but after my first was born I noticed that certain positions would hurt during sex and I mentioned it to my doctor and she said it is most likely because my uterus shifted while I was pregnant and the could be why certain positions hurt, but other than that I have no other issues... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)