Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has a clean house??

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

i have a 4 month old, a 3 year old and a 21 year old live in slob... lol. what is you cleaning routine like? different chores on different days? my problem seems to be that as soon as i start cleaning my 3 year old has a tantrum or baby pooped or needs to eat... then papa comes home and throws his shit wherever. like there is shoes, his work pants, and his dinner remnants out, and that's just around the coffee table! how do you do it??? i really want to do better! but it's just so discouraging when i spend hours cleaning for it to get trashed in one evening.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
feralkitten
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

i have 3 kids 8 with adhd , 6 ans 12 months i clean my house and the wreck it lol so it never looks clean every time i leave the room the art stuff get pulled out or baby tips  all of his toys out its niver ending

Viperkaylin
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I only have a 5 year old and a DH who only sits at the computer so he doesn't make too much mess. Is the 21 y/o slob your SO? Even if it isn't, you should make any adults living there help you out...there is no reason that they can't do at least a little bit to help you out. Obviously the four month old isn't old enough to help, but you can try to get your three year old involved by playing clean up games. That sometimes worked with my DD when she was that age. Other than that all I can say is that it's an around the clock thing...I am always cleaning no matter what!!

NFLplayerswife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Our house is clean for the most part. Our son takes 2 naps a day, so while he's napping I normally try to get everything cleaned and picked up, and then we have a housekeeper who comes once a week and does the "big cleaning" (like detailing the floors, etc)

Mover
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I work full time and I have a 10yo dd. My dh comes home from work and throws stuff everywhere.  He went on a fishing trip for one week and my house was so clean I think it sparkled.  Now, the day he returned, he carried in all his stuff and my house is a mess again. I basically do dishes during the week.  On the weekend, I clean the house and thats it. My house will never be totally clean.

snoopy21276
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM

i clean first thing in the morning.. do dishes during phineas and ferb ( i have a 4 and 5 year old), clean again during nap/quiet time ( 1-2) and then let it be till kids are in bed. will change though as they start school tomorow. It is important for me to spend my time with dh and family all together focused on them.. not all the mess. it can wait as long as i stick to my method 

WildKat
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM

My kids are 7, 5, and 3.  We have a cleaning service come every two weeks for the scrubbing stuff.  As for picking up - I recommend flylady.net - she'll help you build a routine that you can stick with for getting stuff done.

Peace,

Kat

ephinany
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I pickup toys and such all day, then during naps I do dishes/kitchen, and get dinner set up. then we have a housekeeper tht comes once a week for the big things.

SunshineSmiles
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:09 PM

i have a 6mnth old and an almost 3yr old... my house isnt spotless but its pretty kept up. here's my routine, lol. i work mon-fri 8-5pm, hubbo does too (he gets home later). .so.. i get home, feed the baby if its time, stick him in his walker for a little bit while my older one plays with him or watches tv.. i wash the dishes, prepare dinner.,, and do a QUICK pick up. then, hubbo gets home and takes over baby duty.. then, its on. i finish dinner.. stick a load in the washer, sweep the whole house and mop it. then i move to the bathroom and clean.. then i normally quit, lol. but i try to do one room + the kitchen daily, oh, and the floors.. so kitchen + one room + floors.. yea, its a bitch.. then the boys go to sleep and it looks like a fking tornado again, so i pick up toys and all that goodness when they're down for the night.. its not friggin easy, but i cant stand a messy house it makes me feel dirty, lol. oh! and, hubbo knows better than to leave shit around..

Meganabc
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Flylady is really good to help you out and get used to getting it done.

Quoting WildKat:

My kids are 7, 5, and 3.  We have a cleaning service come every two weeks for the scrubbing stuff.  As for picking up - I recommend flylady.net - she'll help you build a routine that you can stick with for getting stuff done.

Peace,

Kat

ktwister
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I like to think of my house is clean.  Things are picked up. There isn't any laundry piled up.

I have a fairly detailed schedule, I have to or thing would never get done. It's just my son and I.  I work full time.

Here's our schedule.

5:45 am- I wake up, let the dogs out and feed the. I get ready, make my bed, clean the bathroom

6:45 a.m.- Wake my son up and start getting things that we need to take with us. Deal with the dogs again, do a pick up around the house.

7:30 a.m.  Leave and drop my son off at school

5:30- Get home go through my son's book bag and find out if he has home work.- Let the dogs out and deal with them

6:00 - Go outside and play with my son and just hang out with him for a few.

6:30- 6:45- Make dinner, eat clean up- My son will do his homework while I'm cooking.

7:30- Clean the house, laundry, etc. Take the dogs on a walk around the block after dishes are done.

8:30 My son takes a shower

9:00 - We spend more time together, he reads to me or we write short stories.

9:30- He goes and lays down watch t.v.  I finish doing the housework, laundry.

10:00 - My son is asleep.  I work out till about 11:00, let the dogs out, finish up whatevers left the day, read a book.

11: 30 to Midnight- I go to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)