Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Kicking

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm about 18 weeks along with my second pregnancy. I'm really not feeling a whole lot of movement. I feel the occasional bubbly feeling, but that's about it. Would you be concerned? I'm going to the OB tomorrow, so I'll make sure everything is okay..but still...kind of strange, huh?

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bens_momma
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I started feeling my 2nd baby move at 17 weeks but not very much.  You are only 18 weeks and you shouldn't be worrying yet.  My doctor said they don't worry about not feeling movement until you are 24 weeks.

mamaleah17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM

With my first two, that is how it was like. Now my third, she never STOPPED moving! I'm sure every thing's alright.

chrandson89
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I am no doctor...but I would be concerned....I am 22 weeks and it feels like my little girl is doing backflips and aerobics in there! Is this your 1st? you might just not be realizing its the baby. I know with my 1st, I never really knew until I had a sonogram and he was moving, then I seen it on the screen and was like" thats what that was"....lol GL to you and the baby though!

Guess I should have read the whole post again...its your second...duh...Id ask anyways...oh...are you really active...you might just be too busy to feel it...drink some sprite and lie down...she might start to move...worked for me.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

stork

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

You may also want to post on some of CafeMom's pregnancy groups!

Click on this Newcomers Club link to find PREGNANCY Info On CafeMom!

Best wishes!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM

i really wouldn't be concerned.  do you have an anterior placenta?  if so you won't feel movements regularly (and i've heard in some cases, not at all for a long time) until your further along.  definitely don't be concerned.  you know how pregnancy goes, it's always different every time for every woman.

although with the baby movement thing, both mine were pretty similar.  i felt dd when i was 18 wks along, and this baby i felt at 16 weeks, and that's just how i work.  and this is just how you work :)

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)