Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having money problems, just a pitty party.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have been struggling for quite a while financially and i guess today it is hitting me harder than other days. It is time for lunch and I have absolutely nothing I can make. SO and I don't get payed till next week and even then we probably won't be able to get groceries, most of our money will have to go to bills.

I have applied for PA (a hot topic I know) a couple of times and I always get denied because I make too much, it's always such a small amount over the limit that it makes me so frustrated, like less than 5 dollars over.

This seems to be the normal way of life for me, I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, SO is trying to find a better job but no one is hiring right now and I am 6 months pregnant so if I walked into an interview they would laugh hysterically at me. I just can't catch a break.

I just don't know what to do anymore and wish a solution to my money woes would fall out of the sky. I guess I just need support. And for someone to tell me I'm not alone.

pregnancy calendar
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Do you have a paypal account or anything?

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown!

HybridMom27
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Money troubles are really hard - and I hope things turn around for you.  As for jobs - it's not fun, but McD's will hire you, Starbucks is hiring, lots of fast food/service companies are hiring.  Heck, even working at a gas station isn't too bad.  I'd take a look at a nearby grocery store chain - they are usually unionized.  I know the starting pay at our nearby Stop & Shop is about $8.50 an hour.  That's pretty darned good for someone who can't find work elsewhere.

I'd also encourage you to go to Dave Ramsey's website (www.daveramsey.com) or there's a group here tho not as active, listen to his podcast for free, and get a copy of his book from your library.  Seriously, it has changed the way we think about money and it's very pragmatic and do-able. 

GL -

kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:37 PM

There are usally churches and food banks in every town that you could go to and get help

maddys_mommy_ny
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Quoting cmb121906:

Do you have a paypal account or anything?

No, you have to have a credit card to sign up for paypal and our credit is so horrible that we can't get aproved.

pregnancy calendar
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

yep!

Quoting kimsamomof3:

There are usally churches and food banks in every town that you could go to and get help

Luna091306
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM

You are definitely not alone! My SO was unemployed for so long and we are playing catch up. Everyone is demanding money NOW so I am really getting discouraged. We haven't been able to buy good groceries in awhile because everything goes to bills.

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think they do."

mizkayla_06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Have u called around and asked about Local food pantries...often offered by churches ? also try www.wishuponahero.com u can make a wish and hopefully someone will be ur hero...sorry i can't offer any help at this time due to husband switching job and daughter being very ill...hope u get some help mama ....I will pray for ur family  

maddys_mommy_ny
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Quoting HybridMom27:

Money troubles are really hard - and I hope things turn around for you.  As for jobs - it's not fun, but McD's will hire you, Starbucks is hiring, lots of fast food/service companies are hiring.  Heck, even working at a gas station isn't too bad.  I'd take a look at a nearby grocery store chain - they are usually unionized.  I know the starting pay at our nearby Stop & Shop is about $8.50 an hour.  That's pretty darned good for someone who can't find work elsewhere.

I'd also encourage you to go to Dave Ramsey's website (www.daveramsey.com) or there's a group here tho not as active, listen to his podcast for free, and get a copy of his book from your library.  Seriously, it has changed the way we think about money and it's very pragmatic and do-able. 

GL -

Thanks, I'll tell SO to apply at those places. My job is secure and they are great about working with me on my special needs because of the pregnancy so I don't want to switch but I will definately tell SO to go, maybe just as a second job.

pregnancy calendar
maddys_mommy_ny
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I went to the food pantry, they helped a lot but they won't help you out more than once in 2 months because they just don't have the resources anymore. I didn't think of churches tho I'll check into it.

Quoting misssy2000:

yep!

Quoting kimsamomof3:

pregnancy calendar
shecallsmemom04
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM

would you be able to do a little temporary work?

i just hired someone, for 2 days a week doing secretary work, she's about 6 months pregnant.   i LOVE her.  i hope she decides to come back a few days a week after the baby is born.

there are people out there who would hire you, they are probably few and far between, but looking couldn't hurt, if your up to it.

you can go to churches and food banks and get food.  there's also something called angel food ministries.  i've never done it, but i hear it's great.  i know you said you have no money, but just and idea for the future, if you ever have a little cash you can look at the angel food website.

I'm an insane, bleeding heart extreme animal activist, who licks my dogs ass.  (and yes, for those wondering, i'm kidding)

good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)