Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PA MOMS

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

What is a good area in PA Close to NJ ( Northern NJ ) for a house, I was looking more in Monroe/Pike County.  What are some good towns, w/ good schools and nice neighborhoods??

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM

bump

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

bump

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

3earthangels
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I live in central PA, but have friendsthat live in Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburgh, Scranton, Poconos, and Hazelton. All of them are very beautiful areas, though I like East Stroudsburgh and Hazelton more than the others. I wouldn't be able to tell you about the prices and schools, since I don't have experiences with them. None of my friends have complained though.

The US Immigration Support Group - We know it's hard. We'll give you a shoulder to cry on, friends to laugh with, and a helping hand.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM

thank you so much
do you know f eas stroudsburgh is a big party town b/c of hte school and the same goes w/scranton??

and what do you know if anything about Bushkill??

maybe a silly ? but are the housees out in the middle of no where or are there things around and Im not talking about w/in 5 mins where i live now it takes us about 30/40 mins to get to a mall or a target 15 to get to walmart. so Im not in super close vicinity to stores btu i don't want like 30 mins to the grocery store

Quoting 3earthangels:

I live in central PA, but have friendsthat live in Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburgh, Scranton, Poconos, and Hazelton. All of them are very beautiful areas, though I like East Stroudsburgh and Hazelton more than the others. I wouldn't be able to tell you about the prices and schools, since I don't have experiences with them. None of my friends have complained though.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM

wave

Hi,

If you'd like to find CafeMom members in your area, click on this Newcomers Club thread... Newcomers Club - Find Moms In Your Area - Click Here!.

Hope that helps!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

3earthangels
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

In Scranton I like the Montage Rd area. There's a lot close to that area like grocery stores & etc. There's also the minor league baseball field and a ski resort (the traffic can be horrendous when there's a game at the field). Wilkes-Barre is a short drive down the highway for good shopping. East Stroudsburgh does have it's party areas (like many college towns), but for the most part is very nice. Most neighborhoods are very close (if not walking distance) to grocery stores, Wal-mart. Target.. etc. My only complaint about E. Stroudsburgh is a lot of the children friendly places like Chucky Cheese have closed down in the past 1-2 years. There's still a ton of really great parks and other activities, plus I'm sure if you live there you'd find more to do. It's also a short drive to the Poconos State Park which is awesome!

I've never been to Bushkill. Sorry!

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

thank you so much
do you know f eas stroudsburgh is a big party town b/c of hte school and the same goes w/scranton??

maybe a silly ? but are the housees out in the middle of no where or are there things around and Im not talking about w/in 5 mins where i live now it takes us about 30/40 mins to get to a mall or a target 15 to get to walmart. so Im not in super close vicinity to stores btu i don't want like 30 mins to the grocery store

Quoting 3earthangels:

The US Immigration Support Group - We know it's hard. We'll give you a shoulder to cry on, friends to laugh with, and a helping hand.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM

thank you so much i appreciate it soo much!!!! again thank you

Quoting 3earthangels:

In Scranton I like the Montage Rd area. There's a lot close to that area like grocery stores & etc. There's also the minor league baseball field and a ski resort (the traffic can be horrendous when there's a game at the field). Wilkes-Barre is a short drive down the highway for good shopping. East Stroudsburgh does have it's party areas (like many college towns), but for the most part is very nice. Most neighborhoods are very close (if not walking distance) to grocery stores, Wal-mart. Target.. etc. My only complaint about E. Stroudsburgh is a lot of the children friendly places like Chucky Cheese have closed down in the past 1-2 years. There's still a ton of really great parks and other activities, plus I'm sure if you live there you'd find more to do. It's also a short drive to the Poconos State Park which is awesome!

I've never been to Bushkill. Sorry!

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

thank you so much

Quoting 3earthangels:

bethandbabies26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I've been a PA girl my whole life...I grew up right outside of Philadelphia in Bucks County...I hate going home now. The people are always in a hurry...from driving to mowing the lawn! Today I live in Chambersburg...probably an hour away from Harrisburg. I don't know if your've ever heard of Shippensburg University but it's the next town up from that. I love this area...it's beautiful, the people I have found here are easy going and it has just always felt like a nice hometown since the day I moved here. However, I would love it if DH could find a job somewhere down south, like one of the Carolinas...definately prettier and friendlier!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)