Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

something to make me start my period??

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

i got the implanon in feb this year. i had a period pretty much every two weeks or so. it was horrible. so august 4 i got it removed and i have YET to start my period. dh and i did have unprotected sex the night before i got it removed and the nurse said there is a very very small chance i could be pregnant. so around sept 4 she told me to take a pregnancy test if i havent started my period. if its negative, she told me to come in the office so they could give me something to start my period. what the hell can they give me to make me start my period?? and i mean, is it completely necessary that i start my period lol.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Mamalicious Group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/106120

i am not a woman who lost my baby weight in two weeks, lets others control my parenting, and is never tired. but i am strong. i am invincible.
I AM MOM.

i'm a formula feeding, vaxing, disposable diaper using, ERFing, husband loving, blog everything, non drug using, co-sleeping, cio, speak my mind kind of mom.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
imechard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM

They gave me a prescription for something because I would not have a period for an extended period of time. I do not recall the name because I never got it filled, since I got pregnant instead. They were pills I was supposed to take for ten days and stop, then my period would be there day 4, I believe

brittneyon
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM

oooh fun. something else that costs money. lol. thank you though :)

Quoting imechard:

They gave me a prescription for something because I would not have a period for an extended period of time. I do not recall the name because I never got it filled, since I got pregnant instead

The Mamalicious Group:

i am not a woman who lost my baby weight in two weeks, lets others control my parenting, and is never tired. but i am strong. i am invincible.
I AM MOM.

i'm a formula feeding, vaxing, disposable diaper using, ERFing, husband loving, blog everything, non drug using, co-sleeping, cio, speak my mind kind of mom.

mamaleah17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Start it? How do I stop it lol! (without getting preggo of course)

I never knew you could take something to start your period.

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I haven't heard of that before....

but it sounds like it will make it more painful....

Like when they induce you and the contractions become soooo much worse.

Myself....I would just ensure I wasn't pregnant...and let Nature takes it's course. It's a chemically induced period if they do that....I wouldn't...but that's me.

Good Luck whatever way you go...

Oh..and keep us updated w/ HOW they will START your period . 

treehugger823
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM

i had pretty much the same problem. so they gave me this little pill to take for a week, then i would start my period. and i did. after i had my period (i had gone without it for like 4 months) then I (almost immediately) concieved.  so it might have something to do with ovulation or your ability to concieve or something. because i had been trying to get pregnant for like 7 or 8 months, but then my period stopped, but once they jump started it again i concieved quickly.

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
butterflyblu
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I took birth control in my teens to regulate my cycles because I was going a long time without have a period.  My sister did the same thing and I think she still does even though she's not sexually active.  After I had my son, my periods went back to being regular. 

brittneyon
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

ahh. was is a more painful period like pp suggested? cause i was thinking the same thing. i already have bad periods and i dont want them to start it and make things worse.

Quoting treehugger823:

i had pretty much the same problem. so they gave me this little pill to take for a week, then i would start my period. and i did. after i had my period (i had gone without it for like 4 months) then I (almost immediately) concieved.  so it might have something to do with ovulation or your ability to concieve or something. because i had been trying to get pregnant for like 7 or 8 months, but then my period stopped, but once they jump started it again i concieved quickly.

The Mamalicious Group:

I AM MOM.

brittneyon
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

i'm taking the pill now. and still nothing lol.

Quoting butterflyblu:

I took birth control in my teens to regulate my cycles because I was going a long time without have a period.  My sister did the same thing and I think she still does even though she's not sexually active.  After I had my son, my periods went back to being regular. 

The Mamalicious Group:

I AM MOM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)