Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me something..please read and bump

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

I dont feel my daughter eats enough. Also she will only eat certain things. I want her to eat more fruit and veggies but when she wont I always end up giving her something she likes just so I know her tummy is full. I dont want her to grow up with unhealthy eating habits. The food she likes inst really unhealthy but it could be better. I was thinking about just getting rid of food i dont think she should eat as much and not keeping it in the house and only keeping healthy foods around (with the occasional treat). If i only offer nutricious foods eventually she will be hungry and  have to eat something right? I also feel that eating healthier foods will make her feel and behave a little better. What's your kids diet like?

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

My son is very picky. I swear he would go days without eating. He likes some fruits, won't eat veggies. For lunch today, he wanted crackers. i tried to give him something else, but he wasn't having it. Eventually, I'll make him eat what I make and he won't get anything else.  

mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

My girls eat anything and everything. They prefer the healthy things like apples, oranges, and stuff over the junk the majority of the time with the exception of ice cream.  My son is very particular due to extreme sensory issues and a behavioral diet.  GL momma

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM

omg my daughter is the same exact way its unreal i think she realy could go days w/out eating as long as she has something to drink.  I hav eto take her to the doctor for her flu shot and when we go i will be asking about her eating it drives me nuts!!

HaydensMommy007
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM

only give her the healthy food that you want her to eat. If she refuses, stand your ground and dont give in to her. She wont starve herslef. Within a day or two she will realize that you are not going to give her the not so healthy food that she is used to. She will be hungry and she will eat what you give her. Again, she will no starve herself if a day or two. Good luck dear

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

cillaluvsmali
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM

my son is a pretty picky eater as well, all he eats is fruits and veggies, he wont eat meat and rarely eats bread unless its pizza, or pb&j...i used to give in and just make him the things i knew he would eat, but i recently made him sit at the table until he finshed all his food, at first he didnt eat anything for several mintues then all of a sudden he started taking bit bites and the more i encouraged him (saying hooray and good job!) the more he ate, it turned into a game, and now he cant leave the table until he eats a good amount of food

he still only asks for fruit and veggies, but now i give them to him with his meal or as a dessert so he knows in order to get them he has to eat other foods as well

AshesPashes
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM

There are tons of sites online that have recipes on ways to hide veggies and other good things in your children's food. Look around for some of those. Also a friend of mine makes home made pizza and shreds zucchini or sometimes carrots lightly into the mozz cheese and then sprinkles it on the pizza and his child never knows the difference. It's hidden below the toppings and mixed in with the cheese. Good Luck. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

fairbear
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM

i have a dd who is the same way and i talked to her dr about it and these are my rulesshe has to eat healthy to eat a snack.and if she dont eat both that is fine the dr said as long as you keep offering foods they will not starve themselves to death and what do you know it works she eats now .and because i am a picky eater my rule is one bite and if you dont like it then that is ok and most of the time she likes what we eat .we all eat at the same timeat the table and it is fun and she almost eats all of her dinner oh ya and i give her really small portions and she usually askes for more she likes that and we tell her how we are that she ate her whole plate

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:23 PM

It's your job to provide the food. It's HER job to eat it. Go ahead and get rid of the junk, offer her healthy alternatives, and stick with it. She won't starve, and she'll be healthier because of it. 

BeautifulRose26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM

*bump*

try to avoid giving the junk....like ever.  so they never taste it.  lol.  GL standing your ground, and i hope she listens to her mommy.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM

So, I was just about to post something like this.

My DD has recently almost completely stopped eating. She has lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I think for me it has something to do with bringing DS home but she has always been a picky eater. She used to eat at least granola bars, yogurt, nutrigrain bars, cereal, some veggies, pasta, etc... but now she wont eat any of it. Ive tried all of the usuals and she will take a bite or two and thats it. Most of the food ive been giving her goes right in the garbage because she will just play with it and drop it, step on it... whatever... but not eat it. Ive been giving her extra hemp/soy milk lately for the protien and V8 V-fusion with the fruit and veggie, not watered down to drink so she is getting at least some vitamins and such. Its really frustrating that she wont eat. If I give her PB&J or toast, any kind of sandwich or toaster strudle, she just licks everything off/out of the bread and wont eat the rest! Ugh... ive pretty much givin up trying to make her eat... when she asks to get down from her highchair I just let her down without a fight... there is no point in making her sit there if she really wont eat.

So yeah... I need help too. Shes 19 months BTW.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)