Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help - anyone that crafts!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM
  • 4 Replies

a while back someone gave me a basket full or random stuff and one of the things i LOVE and cant find anywhere nor do i kow what its called - it was a long piece of thin fabric with rows of elastic running through it, you sew the fabric to another piece of fabric and pull the elastic and it bunches it all up to make a dress or skirt... if anyone knows what this is called PLEASE let me know!!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Michelle2080
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM

No clue- Bump 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

FannieOakley
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I'm thinking it's call fabric shirring or shirring with elastic. You can buy it pre shirred or you can do it yourself by winding elastic thread in your bobbin and regular thread for your needle.

Here is a video:http://www.threadbanger.com/episode/THR_20080801  let me know if this is what you were looking for.

25beengoodtome
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Have you tried JO-ANN fabric & crafts? I'd bet they would know what you're talking about, or they would have some to sell you.

~Marie~, ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED TO CAFE MOM and loving it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)