Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which potty chair would you recommend to potty train a 19 month old girl?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

Yep, thats pretty much my question...

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM

it's call onestepahead.com they have a toilet seat that converts to adult seat when fliped up  

We have had our seat for 3 years now and it was worth every penny we have the white one 

retail cost $30-$45 comes in white or brown wood color

celticreverie
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I didn't get anything fancy and Becka's been potty trained for months now :) I got one that became a step stool too for use in the bathroom!

But had I thought about it I would have gotten this one: because having toilet paper close by is a smart idea lol:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Nursing at keyboard.. Please excuse my typos Pictures, Images and Photos

robbinsroost
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I really like the Fisher Price Froggy Friend Potty. We got it at walmart. It is the 3rd one we have had, each kid has picked out their own. It is the easiest to clean and has the largest opening. It is simple, no extras and I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Froggy-Friend/dp/B001GQ2RW6

illiana707
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM

All I can recommend is what not to get. I got one from walmart (they come in pink and blue) and it converts to a toilet adapter. It has a cushy sponge insert thing. It is nasty I had to get rid of it. The sponge thing kept getting pee on it and you can't clean it off well. Get something with a large opening and is straight plastic.

tdoubleday04
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I have this one, my daughter loves it.  I use cleaner on it everytime, it has small pee stains, but its sanitary, just because you have a stain on clothes that you washed doesn't mean they aren't clean.  My daughter loves this one we have had it since she was 18 months old, my other daughter is starting to use it now, I just have a little dora insert on the toilet for my oldest to use now she prefers to use the big girl potty.

Quoting illiana707:

All I can recommend is what not to get. I got one from walmart (they come in pink and blue) and it converts to a toilet adapter. It has a cushy sponge insert thing. It is nasty I had to get rid of it. The sponge thing kept getting pee on it and you can't clean it off well. Get something with a large opening and is straight plastic.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Quoting jojomommy:

it's call onestepahead.com they have a toilet seat that converts to adult seat when fliped up  

Thats pretty awesome... I didnt click on the link yet to see the price... but it seems neat.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Quoting robbinsroost:

I really like the Fisher Price Froggy Friend Potty. We got it at walmart. It is the 3rd one we have had, each kid has picked out their own. It is the easiest to clean and has the largest opening. It is simple, no extras and I love it.

This is the one she has now and she doesnt know what to do with it. I have sat her on it numerous times and she just stands back up and tries to stand on it. She would rather put her toys in it then use it as a potty... little weirdo lol

lovebugs_mom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Potty chairs have proven to be a waste of money for us. We bought one for my daughter, and she prefers going on the big potty just like us. It is now sitting at the top of a closet, taking up space. 

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM

they come in white or brown color i have the white one and they run 30-45 dollars but the good part is it last i have had mine now 3 years 

Quoting tairakittie:

Quoting jojomommy:

Thats pretty awesome... I didnt click on the link yet to see the price... but it seems neat.

robbinsroost
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM

My youngest is 25 months and still has not gone on the potty, not for lack of trying. But for my son it was great, he now knows how to support himself on the toilet. I catch my younger two playing with the potty chair all the time. They fill it with toys all the time. My oldest also did it when she was younger.

Quoting tairakittie:

Quoting robbinsroost:

This is the one she has now and she doesnt know what to do with it. I have sat her on it numerous times and she just stands back up and tries to stand on it. She would rather put her toys in it then use it as a potty... little weirdo lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)