Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated with my 4 year old's sleep schedule

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son is 4. I also have a 2 year old son. My 2 year old still needs naps everyday. My 4 year old is in this weird stage though where if he doesn't take a nap, he is grouchy and ready for bed by about 6:00. Of course that is too early so by 8 he's drove us all nuts and then he doesn't even sleep very good. If he does take a nap, he is up until 10 or 11 at night. I don't know what to do about their sleep scedules right now. I decided today to lay them both down ealier for naps. I usually lay them down about 2, today I layed them down at 12:30. Well, my 2 year old was asleep by 1 and my 4 year old is still laying in there awake. I'm fixing to let him back up, but then what? Tonight he'll be tired again and a big grouch when daddy gets home from work, or give him a nap around 3, he sleeps until 5 then is up again all night (also keeping the baby up later than usual) Any suggestions? I need help, I can't figure this out.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM

with the 4 year old no naps after 1:30 pm 

if he falls asleep wake him up within 30 mins then bed time will be 7:30-8:30 worked well for me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)