Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there any other teen moms ..

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

who had/have it really easy and good without the help from parents or P.A?..just you and your s.o? you always hear about how hard it is to be a teen parent and im not condoning teen pregnancy, but im wondering are there any other moms who didnt struggle financially on there own? like..who werent always tired and working and going without stuff and having it really hard? i cant be the only one who had it good as a teen parent out there..

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM

theres no other moms like this out there?

ahsongbird
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Ive had it really easy financially We live better than anyone I know but its still hard to be a young SAHM right now b/c I really want to get started on a career

HeidiPal
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I got pregnant at 19 so i don't know if that qualifies me as a teen mom. I thank god for having it easy. My fiancee and I just bought house and I was in my 2nd year of college and we had no help. Our family did pitch in a lot for the nursery just so that they could have bragging rights, lol. and my mom took 1 week off of work to help out with the baby. But after that we were on our own and we liked it that way. 

I feel bad for one of my classmates who wanted to have a baby with her boyfriend who ended up becoming a woman. She still goes to school while her mom watches her baby but she is so self absorbed you can't even tell she is a mother. She is constantly flirting with our professors and always talking about having sex with everybody. 

clovismommy25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I did!! (for the most part, we did get TANF for a few months, to cover day care, but as soon as DH got his raise we were done with it) We stayed at my moms for the first few months, but we paid rent, utilities and food. So more of an apartment. Than we bought a small house, in a crappy area, we fixed it up and is now a rental, did it again. And we are now about to start closing on our "first real home" it is in a GREAT area! I am SO excited!! He worked and finished school, I finished school and raised Amon. I am still a SAHM and we have another son, been married a little over 2 years! And are planning our 3rd and finally baby (hoping for a girl!)

I am Magen,  a 21 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively & extended public breastfeeding (with no cover), baby wearing, co-sleeping, CIO is cruel, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, does not fold laundry, loves to organize, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, soon-to-be home owning, living my American dream, stay at home mommy!

youngmomma259
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I am kind of in a different situation. I did become pregnant at 15, but it wasn't voluntary. So, my parents help me out a lot. They want me home with my daughter. It's not "not being responsible for my actions." It's just different. Hope that makes sense. My soon to be hubby is joining the army in October though, and I will be doing everything myself pretty soon here. I'm also a full time college student.

Vaxing, co-sleeping, bible believing, army fiancee, pro-life, anti-gay marriage, formula using, high school graduate, college student on my way to being a nurse practioner, 17 years old, loving kind of momma of an (almost) 2 year old princess!

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I was a teen mom. Had my first at 18 and second at 19. I did it without PA and by myself but I can't say it was easy. I have it easy now. I'm able to be a sahm and am able to go back to school but I'm not a teen anymore and it took me along time to get here...or it seems like a long time lol. But I made it.

mandalouwhotn
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I had it harder because I chose to go to college and get my education after having my son at 18.  Yes it would have been much easier, had I not done that, but I knew in the end the easy way wasn't the best way.  I know 2 moms who though their lives as teen moms was great because they relied on their hubby's for everything, than one got divorced and the other's hubby passed away, now they are young single moms with no skills or education to fall back on, so its not so easy anymore! 

sheenababyy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I'm a single teen mom so i dont have it very easy. I pretty much depend on my mom. If i was still with the dad it would be a different story. But,that didnt work out. But i still work and pay for all my son's stuff,just not the bills. My mom has to cover that.

krya83082
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I was 19 when i had dd. I was lucky to have my parents to help me out. Me and the father split for about 1 1/2 so I moved back in with my parents, worked and went to school. I saved money and bought a house on my own. Now 7 years later, we're married and in a bigger house and very happy.

catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:51 PM

My husband and I married when I was seventeen and conceived our first child when I was nineteen. We have always lived on our own, have been financially independent, have a nice home, I am a sahm, we homeschool.... we are proof that it can and does happen! We worked hard and saved our money so we were prepared for having children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)