Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swine Flu Vaccine-- Would you let your child get it?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM
  • 41 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your child get the swine flu vaccine?

Options:

Yes... please explain why

No... please explain why

Other... please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

I have a chance to get the vaccine myself and for my son since my Mom works for a healthcare professional. I need to tell her by Friday if I want my son to get it or not. He's 13 months old, and the only reason I am even considering him getting the vaccine is because I live with my boyfriend and he has 2 kids in school. So my son could possibly come into contact with the swine flu. Would you let you child get the vaccine? Please explain why or why not. Thanks ladies, I just want to get some input from other Moms.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMami2008
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Please bump, I really need some input before Friday. Thanks ladies!

graciesmom6206
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I am a vaccinating mama but after doing some research on this vaccine I really do not feel comfortable letting my 3 year old daughter get it.  From what I have read it has been minimally tested on humans and can cause more harm than good.  I have also read that a full supplement of vitamin D can really help in warding off the flu. 

tyra618
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM

No we are not guinea pigs and there is nasty things in it.  It's to new and has been blamed for deaths. 

LadyChui
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM

This is new vaccine to the market and I don't want or I'm afraid of taking it.  If I am not going to get it myself, I wouldn't let my kids to have it either.

clovismommy25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I talked to my mom, who works for a dr office here in town. She said, because it is so new, they are not giving it to children under 6, at least here in Clovis. And I would not be giving it any way! It is to new, not enough testing. It isn't worth chancing. The swine flu has only killed people who were already sick. Not people who are healthy. I am not worried about it.

I am Magen,  a 21 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively & extended public breastfeeding (with no cover), baby wearing, co-sleeping, CIO is cruel, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, does not fold laundry, loves to organize, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, soon-to-be home owning, living my American dream, stay at home mommy!

ProudMami2008
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:24 PM

bump

thank you so much for your opinions!

tashamyork
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM

My husband works at our hospital and according to their hospital the swine flu vaccine has not even been released by the FDA and will not be released until next year at the EARLIEST, I confirmed that with my  sons pediatrition. The flu shot they are giving is the regular flu shot and will simply makes symptoms not as deadly if they do get swine flu. It will NOT protect completely against the swine flu though. 

tashamyork
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20090720/swine-flu-vaccine-when

This says the IF the flu becomes alot worse they MAY release it the end of sept. but if not they will wait until atleast Jan-March of next year.

lovemymarine306
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM

i'm not going to have my child possibly suffer life-long side effects from a vaccine that has not gone through enough tests. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)