• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about implantation bleeding (TMI )

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

a little background: DH and I have been TTC for a couple months now, but having trouble b/c of irregular cycles.  So we haven't been able to pinpoint exactly when I am ovulating.  I have been using BBT, OPKs, and checking my cervix and CM... BBT and OPK showed no ovulation this month after my LMP on Aug 6, but I knew that if I follwed a reg 28 day cycle, my ov date should be last Thurs.  We had sex last Tues night, and wed and Thurs came and went with no BBt spike or +OPT. 

On Thurs however I did notice a slight change in CM (more EW and less watery) and cervix check showed high and soft. 

Now today, Tues, I am seeing some blood... not a TON, but it is red, and more than just a spot.  I didn't have implantation bleeding with my DD, and from reading online it sounds like USUALLY implantation bleeding is super light and just a little pink or brown discharge.  Mine is way lighter than normal period, but it is red.  It's not nearly heavy enough for a tampon or pad... just a pantyliner has been fine for the past 6 hrs, and I notice more when I go to the bathroom...

so my question is, if you experienced implantation bleeding, was it super light like what I am reading online? Or did anyone experience, or know someone who experienced heavier red bleeding during implantation???

TIA

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
caitlynsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM

hi there,

i too have irregular cycles and bf and i were trying for over a year before i finally conceived. (im 26 weeks pg)

anywho, i had 2 periods the month of feb. And i say periods because the 2nd one was exactly like any other period. It lasted 5 days, the whole deal. IDK why it was that heavy. I didn't think i was pregnant to begin with because it was usually normal for me to have more than one period in one month. It was usually due to stress. Then March came around and NO PERIOD. Maybe that's the same case for you. Im sorry Im not much of a help :(

petersgal
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Thanks... I am hoping this is not just an irregular "extra" period, but a weird period-like implantation bleeding like yours was!

Quoting caitlynsmommy:

hi there,

i too have irregular cycles and bf and i were trying for over a year before i finally conceived. (im 26 weeks pg)

anywho, i had 2 periods the month of feb. And i say periods because the 2nd one was exactly like any other period. It lasted 5 days, the whole deal. IDK why it was that heavy. I didn't think i was pregnant to begin with because it was usually normal for me to have more than one period in one month. It was usually due to stress. Then March came around and NO PERIOD. Maybe that's the same case for you. Im sorry Im not much of a help :(

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM

bump because I have no idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)