Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

ok so heres the issue. I have a boil on my leg and I went to the dr for it. He said it was staph put me on anitbodics for 7 days and told me it was only contagious if someone touched the puss or touched something that had puss on it. I am a clean freak so I have had the boil for a few days and it has been covered at all times. When I clean it the stuff I use goes straight into the washing machine and I lysol the whole area. So, I call my sis in law, (we are pretty close) and tell her what I have. She messages me today saying that we cant be around each other because staph is airborne and she is pregnant and doesnt want to get it. I tell her the dr says its not airborne and all that crap. I mean I will stay away and all but it just hurt my feelings because she said that. If it were that contagious I wouldnt come around or be around my daughter for that matter. Am I wrong for being upset?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:14 PM

My doctor told me the same thing when I was pregnant. Don't take offense to it she is just doing what is best for her and her baby.

clovismommy25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM

airborne? Really? I would be upset to.

I am Magen,  a 21 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively & extended public breastfeeding (with no cover), baby wearing, co-sleeping, CIO is cruel, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, does not fold laundry, loves to organize, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, soon-to-be home owning, living my American dream, stay at home mommy!

sydneysmomma11
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM

bump for more responses!

krya83082
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:28 PM

don't let it get to you... the boil should go away in a few days anyway. 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

My doctor told me the same thing when I was pregnant. Don't take offense to it she is just doing what is best for her and her baby.

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

sanatchison
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Some info I found for you:

How Staph Infections Spread

Staph bacteria can spread through the air, on contaminated surfaces, and from person to person. Kids can carry staph bacteria from one area of their body to another — or pass it to other people — via dirty hands or fingernails. So good hand washing is vital to preventing staph infections.

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/staphylococcus.html

littleleesmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM

some ppl are just really afraid of this stuff she was probably not trying to upset you sorry it did tho

MandiK

She's just being cautious. A lot of people get fairly paranoid while pregnant and you really can't blame them.

catholicmamamia

She is considering her baby's health/safety, please do not have hurt feelings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)