Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick of it. Who would I address this type of letter to?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

So.. I'm sure most of you know my dilemma - chronic pain, bad pills & side effects, dependence, etc.  but medicinal marijuana is not legal in the state of Florida.  It sucks living every day taking pills that may be recalled by the FDA tomorrow because they just now discovered them to lead to kidney disease or cancer or death...  Grrrr.  You know it happens too often!

Anyway, I'm planning on wrting a letter stating my pain, what I go through with the pills I've taken, what my fears are and the fact that I would benefit from the legalization of medicinal marijuana.  Especilly considering it's side effects are a cake walk, and the relief from pain suppose to be immediate!  At least give me the SAFEST option for my pain, let me TRY IT!!!  And quit giving me this other crap!!!

I'm just ticked off because the Tylenol 3  was prescribed yesterday does not work for my pain and I've been hurting since yesteday afternoon.  :( 

Do any of you smat ladies know who this type of letter would be sent to?

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMae55
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I realize that a letter more than likely will not do anything, but it's worth a shot.  At least to feel like I"m trying.

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Your state's governor, selectmen, congress-people ?

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

theRonimal
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know. Here's a bump. Good luck, I hope you feel better soooon!!! :(

Emmariel
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I could be wrong, but I think you should address it to your Senator.

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata
Lilmomma1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:46 PM

If you don't mind me asking what kind of pain are we talking about here? I am sorry I havent been checking this group much.

connietrrll
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Try sending it to your senator, governor, members of your house of representative, and anyone who will listen.

HeatherMae55
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I've been told Fibromyalgia as well as Chronic Pain Syndrome.  Have you ever had your finger smashed in a door?  You know that initial bone deep awful pain you get?  Well imagine that over both your legs from your feet to your hips...

Quoting Lilmomma1986:

If you don't mind me asking what kind of pain are we talking about here? I am sorry I havent been checking this group much.

HeatherMae55
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Sweet.  Senator & Governor.  And whoever else is on the list..

Guess I'll start googling.

Thanks ladies...

Lilmomma1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM

yepp I definitely know what that's like... I fortunately don't have it sooo I don't completely know what its like but my best friend has it so I have an understanding of what its like. And I feel really bad for people who have to endure that disease because I feel like unfortunately doctors need to have a better understanding of it and how to treat it. My best friend is on darvocet for hers.

Quoting HeatherMae55:

I've been told Fibromyalgia as well as Chronic Pain Syndrome.  Have you ever had your finger smashed in a door?  You know that initial bone deep awful pain you get?  Well imagine that over both your legs from your feet to your hips...

Quoting Lilmomma1986:

aarkat
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Your local representative for congress, and other state reps.  Perhaps starting a local initiative would get some motion going, also.  Sometimes an individual town will make a statement to gov. reps higher up.  You could go to your board of supervisors in your county and send them each a letter and speak at a weekly meeting stating just how it does help you, and as a county you think they should make some kind of statement to recognize the benefits of med. marijuana.

Quoting connietrrll:

Try sending it to your senator, governor, members of your house of representative, and anyone who will listen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)