Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? 4 those who delayed solids (EBF 9mo old ) *edit*

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

My DS is 9 mos today, he has had solids here and there for the last month or so, but today seemed especially interested. So. I opened one of the Gerber foods we had for him, peaches, and he is done! It was a first foods. Should he be one 2nd or 3rds? It just seemed to easy. Not sure how to explain it. He is crawling, pulling up and cruising along things and can stand alone for a few seconds. I am lost as to which stage for him!

he has 2 teeth, on bottom

I am Magen,  a 21 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively & extended public breastfeeding (with no cover), baby wearing, co-sleeping, CIO is cruel, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, does not fold laundry, loves to organize, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, soon-to-be home owning, living my American dream, stay at home mommy!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM

How about homemade baby food from softly steamed, whole foods? 

lbdm2002
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I definitely wouldn't go up to the 3rds yet..he just hasn't had enough experience with solid foods yet.  You also don't want to introduce too many different types at once..incase he has an allergic reaction.  So now that you've started him with the peaches, i would go ahead and finish off this week with just peaches.  Are you still planning on BF'ing him as well?  Maybe next week move up to a 2nd stage..but stick with the same one all week.

clovismommy25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM

we do carrots,avocados, apples, peaches, all kinds of home made stuff.  But for easy on the go, we do the Gerber organic stuff. But the 1st just seems like water to me. And the seconds are not much different.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

clovismommy25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM

he is okay with peaches, pears, apples, bananas, prunes, carrots, green beans, peas, avocados, cantaloupe, watermelon, honey dew, whole grain crackers and toast, as well as small pieces of whole grain pasta. My mom even gave him some of those start poof things the other day, and he LOVED them!!
 We do not do the cereals, had been experiences with the oldest. But yes, I will continue to BF until at least a year, and then let him self wean, when ready after that.

Quoting lbdm2002:

I definitely wouldn't go up to the 3rds yet..he just hasn't had enough experience with solid foods yet.  You also don't want to introduce too many different types at once..incase he has an allergic reaction.  So now that you've started him with the peaches, i would go ahead and finish off this week with just peaches.  Are you still planning on BF'ing him as well?  Maybe next week move up to a 2nd stage..but stick with the same one all week.

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

The 2nds are the same, just greater in volume.  I would get the gerber graduates of diced veggies and fruits or just cut up your own soft or canned fruits.  If he has tried all that other stuff, he will be fine.  If you want to stick with having convenience foods when out, then keep some of the 2nds around.

Quoting clovismommy25:

we do carrots,avocados, apples, peaches, all kinds of home made stuff.  But for easy on the go, we do the Gerber organic stuff. But the 1st just seems like water to me. And the seconds are not much different.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

mom22tumblebugs
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Stage 2. You can also fork mash a lot of regular foods you eat and add water to make it liquidy. Is your child pincer grasping food yet? If so, try large curd cottage cheese and forked mashed strawberries or bananas (for flavor). My kids HATED stage 3 foods. We never did them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)