Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bleach...Do you use it?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you use bleach in your household? Why or why not? I didn't add a no because it is a pretty straight forward question.

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 100

View Results

How many moms us bleach to clean? Why or why not? Personally I use bleach and bleach based products in our house. I even use a tablespoon of bleach per gallon of water when doing the baby's bottles. Whn we moved into our house I scrubbed the whole house down with bleach and water and cleaned everything with the Lysol with Bleach cleaner.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Yes, I do. Mostly in the bathroom.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Yes. Also mainly in the bathrooms, and sometimes use it for the white laundry.

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

dangit I voted wrong again! I meant to put yes, I do.

PinkHairedGirl
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I live in my grandma's house and she still uses it, but I would never use bleach in my house! It's nasty stuff!! I prefer vinegar, peroxide, baking soda, 7th generation products, and other natural products!

I am a natural, out of hospital birthing, exclusively breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, delayed selective vaccinating, baby food making, stay at home, or bring baby to work, husband loving, vegetarian, animal loving, dog crazy, dog rescuing, cat rescuing, pit bull loving, anti breeding, animal activist, environmentalist, bisexual, recovering addict, pro choice, atheist, married to a wonderful man, and mom at 20 years old, to four dogs, five cats, and a beautiful baby girl named Summer Lillie, born July 3, 2008!

ballewal

Oxygen bleach only, never chlorine bleach. The chlorine bleach production process is horrible on the environment. And really, vinegar disinfects just as well as bleach does.

I am a liberal, non-CIO, formula feeding because it was necessary, pro-choice, pro-gay and straight unions, social libertarian, unitarian universalist, theosophist, free range, educated single mother of one beautiful girl who is my entire life.

gypsydancer7

Yes.....I use it for the drains to rid of fruit flies

stephy_85
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Ok I must really have germaphobia lol because I use it everywhere.

nonelikeme

I use the Lysol with bleach cleaner as well, the place we moved into was NASSSSSSSTY. Ugh. but now it's a lot better =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wife to Alan *2/23/08* Momma to Kenden *8/12/08*

I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint.

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:21 PM

No, I don't like to have harsh chemicals around my children, and it is really bad for the environment. I usually clean with vinegar and baking soda. 

apeclark2008
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Bathroom, Kitchen, Laundry, Toys, Floors, and Door frames.... so YEAH!!!!! Bleach rocks!!!! and it makes it smell soooo Clean!!!! But thats like ONCE a month... not EVERYDAY... Except the bathroom(everytime) and Laundry(when Needed)...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)