• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am afraid that..

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I might have to change my sons doctor!!  His father lost his insurance and I may have to apply to get some sort of public insurance temporarily for my son until his Daddy gets a better job (he's consulting now and they won't provide insurance) but my son's doc doens't take any of those...

Has your doctor ever taken an insurance he doens't normally take otherwise to keep your child as a patient. This doc is the best in my area and I would hate to lose him, becuase he is great with my son and it was hard to get in the first place.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
melimommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM

bumpity bump bump bump

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I am not sure.

But it would not hurt to call and explain the situation to the staff at his office.

imechard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I woudl explain to the dr and see if you even qualify for insurance before making the switch. It might be worth it to take him to urgent care until you can have other insurance back, or to the ER even. The health department will do vaccines etc.

If you do not think that will work for you, call your dr and see if he can keep your spot open for a while, say a year. Or if they are willing to apply for your state insurance provider thingy

crzy4luvfrmu18
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Some doctors will change to keep a patient they have had for ahwile, or at least accept something different.  But not if you are going on Chips or Medicaid, because it takes ALOT for a doctor to get on those plans.

mysteriousmom06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Why don't you call & explain the situation to them. Then see if there is any way that you could get a discount & pay cash for any appointments until he gets insurance again.

Does he have to go to the doctor a lot?

melimommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

No he doesn't but he needs a 2 year check up and two vaccines, but i wanted to keep this doc because my son who is very shy and timid of people loves him, besides him being a great doctor.

Quoting mysteriousmom06:

Why don't you call & explain the situation to them. Then see if there is any way that you could get a discount & pay cash for any appointments until he gets insurance again.

Does he have to go to the doctor a lot?

CarterMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

I am not sure.

But it would not hurt to call and explain the situation to the staff at his office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)