Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teeth grinding...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

DS has been grinding his teeth for the past couple weeks now.  He's thirteen months old and I have no clue how to get him to stop.  Any ideas??

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

kmt_771
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

My daughter grinded her teeth til she was about 6. I took her to 2 different dentist and they both told me that it was common for children to grind their teeth. She is almost 9 and has stopped doing it completely. BTW the dentist I take her too says her teeth show no wear from the grinding.

busymomma75
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

My dentist just told me this past Friday that there is nothing you can do for kids who grind their teeth. When they get older they can be fitted with a mouth gard for sleep at night to stop it but for now there is nothing that can be done!

PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Thx ladies.  I just got off the phone with my mom (after trying to get ahold of her for the past week) and she said that I grinded my teeth when I was a baby but that I stopped after my teeth came and she thinks that since DS is teething that's why he's grinding his teeth. 

25beengoodtome
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Try a teething ring, or get one of those tooth-gaurds, in the sports department.

~Marie~, ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED TO CAFE MOM and loving it!
PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

Try a teething ring, or get one of those tooth-gaurds, in the sports department.

We've had teething rings for him for a while but he just won't use them.

mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Although my son has sensory issues that causes him to severly grind his teeth I was going to say..that sometimes it helps if you massage their jaw.  Doesn't always work..but worth a try.  My son's teeth have been grinded to the gumline almost...sigh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)