Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to feed an almost 11 mo. old??? I need advice

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

she only gets 2.5 bottles of formula  day

spoon fed 3 times

2 bottles of 4 oz juice

1 bottle water

I have been givng her finger foods for breakfast

she will not spoon feed anymore at all she refuses but doesn not eat much of her finger foods at all she throws them on the floor and will let me feed her. I do not know what to do. I even tried giving her a spoon to do it herself she just threw it on the floor(big mess).  I don't want her to go hungry and with her recent behavior I am stressing over it. She is def not a tiny baby but she is proportionate. I don't know how to feed her anymore bc she cannt onluy have bottles and I am trying but she won't let me and short of tying her down(which would be illegal) I can't feed her

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
3greatkids751
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM

She is most likely going through a phase.. if you take her to her doc all they are going to tell you is "she will eat when she is hungry" she isnt going to starve to death lol.. I'm going through the same thing you are w/ my 19 month old.. she refuses to sit and eat.. She took 2 bites of her spagetti then said "out mama" lol thats what she does when she is done lol.. I think its because she is cutting some back teeth plus she is just a hyper little thing lately!! GL and dont worry too much mama..everyone goes through it!

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting #4 in 2010!!

pregnancy

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL Blinkie

Proud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

lillitigator88
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:38 PM

so should I just stay firm on the amount of bottles she gets a day?  and continue on and she will eat if she gets hungry enough. she in on a schedule.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

She is most likely going through a phase.. if you take her to her doc all they are going to tell you is "she will eat when she is hungry" she isnt going to starve to death lol.. I'm going through the same thing you are w/ my 19 month old.. she refuses to sit and eat.. She took 2 bites of her spagetti then said "out mama" lol thats what she does when she is done lol.. I think its because she is cutting some back teeth plus she is just a hyper little thing lately!! GL and dont worry too much mama..everyone goes through it!

mnmsmom2008
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Don't worry, she'll figure it out.  I wouldn't up her bottles or anything cuz that would just make her less hungry.  At that age we did a lot of finger foods.

tbursac777
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

my daughter did this around the same age, except i didnt give her quite that much juice. cut that out completely. just give her water.. maybe she is filling up on juice and not hungry. if not, she will eventually come around. it won't last. it seems like they would be starving.. but if they don't want to eat.. they must not be.. ya know?

easter09073-2.jpg picture by tbursac

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Infant/Baby Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

lillitigator88
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM

yeah, I just couldn't imagin her not being hungry;.

Quoting tbursac777:

my daughter did this around the same age, except i didnt give her quite that much juice. cut that out completely. just give her water.. maybe she is filling up on juice and not hungry. if not, she will eventually come around. it won't last. it seems like they would be starving.. but if they don't want to eat.. they must not be.. ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)