Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please pray or send positive energy to my little sister and her preemie *UPDATE*

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 15 Replies

She was due in October and her water broke this a.m.  Benjamin Mark was born by C-Section this afternoon, has all his parts but is on oxygen in the nursery.  I don't know exactly what he weighs yet, but it's around 4.5 lbs.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and well wishes!  Mommy and baby are doing well.

With light and love.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jasey929
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Bump

BelindaA
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:28 PM

My oldest DS was due at the end of October and just turned 4 on the 13th of this month.  He was only in the hospital for a month.  He is a health little man now.  I say a prayer ever night for all the preemies.   Please tell your sister to talk to the other parents in the NICU because they will help her a lot.

JuliaW
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM

its a boy

Sounds like a pretty good weight for a premmie, hoping for the best for Benjamin!

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Thanks for taking the time to share and for the bump, much appreciated, I can't imagine him not thriving. 

With light and love.

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I will say a prayer for the family. I agree to talk with the other NICU mommies... they are the best support system.

jella31
by Angela on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM

bump! saying a prayer! 

lauraluann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I will pray for them and send positive energy. GL

bethruffino
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM

My twins were born at 31 weeks, at 4lbs 4oz and 4lbs 15 oz in 2002, they will be 7 in November and are healthy and happy. they were only in NICU for 3 weeks.... as alot of other people said, talk to other NICU parents, they are usually your biggest help and support. I will be saying a prayer for your sister and her baby, as well as the rest of your family..... just tell your sister to be patient, a few weeks in the hospital will be hard at first, but once that baby is home and it's behind you, you'll barely remember!

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Thank you all so much, I will share everything with my Sis.  Turns out the baby's cord was wrapped around his neck three times, which was the big reason for the C-Section.  Baby Benji weighs 4 lbs 9 oz and is, despite being on IVs and in an oxygen tent, reportedly looking good *sigh of relief*  Thanks again =0)

With light and love.

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Bless his little heart. I'll say a prayer for your family tonight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)