Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety and shortness of breath....could really use some advice right now

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been really short of breath lately. It is typical for me to have this during stressful times.

I have been under alot of stress lately. My SO is having ALOT of health issues due to a blood disease he has and its looking like he may have to quit working its so bad. The kids for some reason are driving me nuts.This summer has really taken alot of the routine out of things around here and I feel taken advantage of . Now that I'm trying to get ahold of the reins of things.. or my life in general the fight seems impossible.I just need a way to channel it out... a release so to speak.. any suggestions???

Please bump if you can't help.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Je_Jette_Poo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

To take your mind off of your breathing?  I know I get like that right before I have a panic attack.

Get a pen and notebook and write. That's what I do. It helps me not think about what my body is doing and makes me focus on what I'm writing about.

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Thanks. I used to know how to control my anxiety and for some reason I have no idea how to control it now.

I have been having  panic attacks again.

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

To take your mind off of your breathing?  I know I get like that right before I have a panic attack.

Get a pen and notebook and write. That's what I do. It helps me not think about what my body is doing and makes me focus on what I'm writing about.

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I just started having these panic attacks, so I didn't know how to deal with them. They really scare me! But I had one in front of my step dad and he made me sit down and write. Not about anything that I'm really going to have to think about... like he told me to write about the day I found my cat lol it actually helped alot. And after that he made me write about the cross country trip me and my husband made from La to Ca. Just go into details and write about stuff that makes you happy.

Quoting MAMAOF2ANGELS:

Thanks. I used to know how to control my anxiety and for some reason I have no idea how to control it now.

I have been having  panic attacks again.

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I know how you feel. I wish i had a suggestion but when it happens to me I just wait until it goes away on its own. 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
medical questions

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)