Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spinoff of another spinoff do mormons or Jahovah witness drive you nuts?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM
  • 95 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a problem with jahovas or mormons always comming to your house?

Options:

YES

kinda

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 133

View Results

We have a group of Jahovah that WON'T STOP COMMING TO THE HOUSE no matter HOW MANY times we have told them we don't want them on our property! (mind you they ignore private property signs)

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theRonimal
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

They've never come to my house, and I'm 25.

Bos_Boo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Try to hand them some religious material from another religion and try to convert them, they leave fast  and don't come back :)

southernjess3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

yes.they annoy the hell outta me..if i wanted to learn about"the book of god" id go to them..don t come to my house and talk for 10 freakin minutes while my kids are crying and sick!!

RissaBusch
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM

The JW's came to my house 11 times before they left us alone.

We politley told them we respect their right to practice their religion but wished they would respect our right to privacy.  If they came back, we would call the police.  Haven't heard from them since.

Mormons don't bother me one bit.  I actually find them very friendly and they don't pester if you're not interested.

My best friend is Mormon.  She's one of the nicest, truest Christians I've ever met. 

airforewifenmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM

According to their beliefs, they are doing the work of God! So, no. They arent trying to annoy you, they are trying to help you! Maybe you could tell them you have your own belief's, and thank them for their concern, and ask them to move on, to someone who may be interested......

Michellemom372
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

in general no they dont but if there coming to my house repeditly they do

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I dont know where you live but my good friend is a JW and her Kingdom Hall makes a note of houses where people decline and they dont go back to that house. They arent doing it to annoy you they are doing it because by their belief it is their duty to spread the word of God, or what have you. Ask them to pray with you.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I dont understand why they bother you so much... I just had some mormons come to my house a couple weeks ago and I let them in and we talked a little while...they were very nice...there was alot I didnt agree with them about but they were nice anyway. I can always not answer your door.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Proud Mommy to Hannah & Taylon, wifey to my military man Bobby, and veteran!

gypsy_rose
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM

We have done this but they have been coming to this house since my grandfather was alive and he died 22 years ago! they don't get the hint! they are pushy as heck. They might stop for a month or two but start comming again

Quoting airforewifenmom:

According to their beliefs, they are doing the work of God! So, no. They arent trying to annoy you, they are trying to help you! Maybe you could tell them you have your own belief's, and thank them for their concern, and ask them to move on, to someone who may be interested......

amyself
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I got them to stop comming to my house by questioning why in the bible Jesus says I go to prepare a place for you after resurection...and then also why he says he shall return to the Earth. 

Jw's believe that only the highest high Archy will ever see the kingdom of heavon...they believe that Earth is where we shall always reside for eternity. 

I asked her point blank so you go door to door and you have a big heart for Jesus and God but then you are not good enough to ever see him>?  I said that is not my God...they have not been back after what was once weekly visits!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)