Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GREAT NEWS!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

yay i just left the dr office and he asked if i wanted to get checked today.. they normally don't check until 38 weeks but i said sure why not... im 37 weeks 2 days.. he said not to expect anything especially since this is my first child and i've only been having contractions like every other day or so... well guess what??? i've dialated 1cm and my cervix is already halfway thinned out! the dr was so surprised and said im doin awesome! i've gained 44 lbs though.. (which sucks) but most of it has happened these last few weeks due to fluids... i am just so excited! with this being my first i couldnt be happier.. he said that i could go into labor earlier than what first time moms do since all is going so well! so all my hard work is paying off! guess ill keep walking a lot and keep having lots and lots of sex!

YAY FOR 1ST TIME MOMMAS...

I JUST HAD TO MAKE IT A BIG DEAL! (CAUSE IT REALLY IS BIG FOR ME)

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BunBaker
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Yay!!!! Congrats...that baby could be here before the weekend lol

Don't worry about the extra weight...think of it as more cushion for the babys comfort when you're holding him/her :)

MamaBloom777
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Yay for you!!!!  That's super exciting!  I think I delivered about a week after I had been checked & was at 1cm...so you're definitely close :)  And sex is the best way to jump-start labor (it worked for me!). 

GabriellaM
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Yay! Congratulations!! Your baby will be here before you know it!! Good luck and I hope you have a healthy and easy delivery!

imechard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Not to burst your happiness bubble, but I was dialated 3 and 95% effaced for over three weeks.

beka83
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Congrats hope everything goes smooth!

rainylittlebug
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM

i really needed this good news today, i was starting to over work myself and worry and letting myself get wore out! but not anymore! i can't believe i only have 9cm to go! woohoo... hopefully with walking and sex i can get my cervix to thin out some more and maybe get things started! he said everything is perfect with my lil one and everything would be a GO if i went into labor now! yaaayyyyyyyyy

rainylittlebug
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Quoting imechard:

Not to burst your happiness bubble, but I was dialated 3 and 95% effaced for over three weeks.

nothing can bust my bubble at this time! i look at it as im one step closer and keeps me focused on how well it's going.. its just exciting to hear things like that. especially when it's my first pregnancy and can't wait..

ireland.runaway
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM

:)
& that name is adorable!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Quoting GabriellaM:

Yay! Congratulations!! Your baby will be here before you know it!! Good luck and I hope you have a healthy and easy delivery!

rickys_mom19
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM

same here :(

Quoting imechard:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)