Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with H1N1 Vaccine!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

My sister works for the police department and they are telling her she will need to get the H1N1 vaccine.  She really doesn't want to because it is not tested.  She doesn't want to be their guinea pig.  She has also heard about the Guillain-Barre Syndrome issue in the UK (even the medical community in the UK is refusing this vaccine - That has to say something).  I sent her a link for exemption forms, but we weren't sure if these would work.  She said that her work might even be sending a nurse to the employees houses to check them after the vaccine to OK their health for their return.  (This is what she said they told her.) 

Is there any way she can get out of the vaccine without losing her job?  Has anyone dealt with this yet?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Thats ridiculous! Why should it be down to get the vaccine or lose your job? That's just uncalled for.

This is the first time ive heard of this nonsense.

mattel_mom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Maybe a waiver of some kind? Is your state a right to work state? There should be a loophole. 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM

We are hoping if her doctor will give her a medical waiver since it hasn't been tested yet? 

We are not a right to work state.

Quoting mattel_mom:

Maybe a waiver of some kind? Is your state a right to work state? There should be a loophole. 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I know. This is what she is telling me her work said, so it could be somewhat construed, but she's pretty upset about it.

There is a lot that I'm hearing.  There is also talk of forced quarantines, but that is another post I'll do altogether.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Thats ridiculous! Why should it be down to get the vaccine or lose your job? That's just uncalled for.

RissaBusch
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Is there anyway she can claim religious exemption?

I would honestly go to a dr and try and get a medical exception.  Anything. I would have to be tied down and knocked out to get that shot. 

tashamyork
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Alot of people are so worried about this but it hasn't even been released! They don't even want to release it until March of next year (my hubby works for the hospital, our doctor confirmed this and you can check it out on WebMD.com) IF they even release it then. The only flu shot coming out is for the regular flu. There is a VERY SLIGHT possiblity they MAY  release it the end of september, but MORE THAN LIKELY it will not be. 

I know it is scary, but so many are worrying about it bc of false information that it is already out. It may never be released though.

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Really? Wow. I havent really been paying attention to any Swine flu news. All i know is that my local university had about 30 people infected and they are all fine so I guess that's all I care about in a way.

Quoting kcangel63:

I know. This is what she is telling me her work said, so it could be somewhat construed, but she's pretty upset about it.

There is a lot that I'm hearing.  There is also talk of forced quarantines, but that is another post I'll do altogether.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:49 PM

They are vaccinating for it in my area already in vaccine trials.

Quoting tashamyork:

Alot of people are so worried about this but it hasn't even been released! They don't even want to release it until March of next year (my hubby works for the hospital, our doctor confirmed this and you can check it out on WebMD.com) IF they even release it then. The only flu shot coming out is for the regular flu. There is a VERY SLIGHT possiblity they MAY  release it the end of september, but MORE THAN LIKELY it will not be. 

I know it is scary, but so many are worrying about it bc of false information that it is already out. It may never be released though.

tashamyork
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM

They CANNOT force someone to do a trial vaccine. That is why it is a trial, people have to sign up for it. I hate that they are tyring to make it sound like she can't get around it, I would take it to the city hall.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting tashamyork:

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM

IDK.  That is what we're wondering.  We weren't sure if they could make you. 

Quoting tashamyork:

They CANNOT force someone to do a trial vaccine. That is why it is a trial, people have to sign up for it. I hate that they are tyring to make it sound like she can't get around it, I would take it to the city hall.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting tashamyork:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)