Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please please please please answer this post and poll!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: whos right

Options:

1. the landlord

2. me

3. neither one of us

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

okay so for the past 10 years (groan) i have been living in this 23 story apt building. im not sure how many people live on each floor but im gonna say 20 apts on each floor, theres probably at least 450 people in this building. ok so when you take the elavators(theres 2) sometimes they are so crowded you can smell what other people had forbreakfast. so anyway, i noticed the last 3 days in a row that each time i got on the elevator there was somebody rude enough to be coughing without covering their mouth. so anyway i know all of the workers in the management office well cuz ive lived here long enough. so i was watching on the today show this morning about how they claim that almost half the population is going to get swine flu this fall when the phone rings and its one of the girls from the office calling to see if im home so they can fix my toilet and while im on the phone with her i tell her they should put notices in the elevator telling people to cover their mouth when they cough.i explain to her its a cartoon notice with a cartoon person coughing that they have up in every doctors office, ive even seen them in walmart and dunkin donuts! and bear in mind this office is famous for constantly sending notices out for every ridiculous reason under the sun. so she goes we cant do that because its telling people how to live their lives! so i actually have a doctors appt and i make copies of the notice and on the way home i show her the notice and she said she already asked the manager and they said absolutely not, because people would be insulted. bear in mind 2 years ago they decided they were going to send out a pest control company to inspect peoples personal bedding for bed bugs! which i found insulting because if u had bed bugs you would already know it! they mentioned hotels but in a hotel people share the beds, nobody else in the building is going to come sleep in my bed but me, bed bugs dont jump from apt to apt, and some people have period stains on their matress and i dont think any landlors should have the right to force a tenanbt to strip there bed and examine there matress, that is a violation of privacy! but yet they cant post signs in the elevator about swine flu! i think it was illegal for them to examine my personal matress but they cant post signs in a common area?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mae_01_sw
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I don't see any reason why they couldn't post a sign in an elevator, that's crazy! It's not going to hurt anyone by hanging there on the wall reminding people to cover their mouths.

Septpreggo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Quoting mae_01_sw:

I don't see any reason why they couldn't post a sign in an elevator, that's crazy! It's not going to hurt anyone by hanging there on the wall reminding people to cover their mouths.

yeah i know! and its not like i really care, but the point is when they said its insulting, it was way more insulting when they trooped in my apt with a flashlight to inspect my mattress, i even called the health dept and they said it was riduculous u cant compare an apt to a hotel, beds are not shared. and everyone knows the flu is going around

mackiebugsmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I think they should put the sign up

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I would contact the local health dept and see what the regulations are when a pandemic is on the way kinda thing you know?

I personally think those signs should be EVERYWHERE and youre right.. I do think its an invasion of privacy to strip your bed to nothing to get examined. I wouldnt have done it without a permit from the state. Did they have that? 

lvaughn26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I totally agree that they should put the sign up, but the landlord has the right to decide what they will and will not post. If you think it is a huge problem, then I would call the city and ask for help. I've gotten a lot of things done in my building my calling the city. No one want bad publicity.

Sirenabella
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Honestly I don't think either party is right or wrong. It is management's decision though. It isn't something I would expect to see at my apt and it would probably weird me out a bit.  

Septpreggo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

it isnt even so much that i care, it was a casual comment i made to them but when they said no way, it reminded me of when they did the bed bug thing, i was so furious when that happened! it wouldnt insult me in the slighest to see that notice up, and i think its a great reminder to everyone!

Swimmyfish
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Is there a common area where you can post one yourself??

Septpreggo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Quoting Swimmyfish:

Is there a common area where you can post one yourself??

there is a common area but everything that is hung must be approved first

Septpreggo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)