• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

those with secured credit cards

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

which one did u use? im going to try to build my credit and my bank told me to try to get a secured card before i tried to get one from the bank because i have no credit and getting declined wouldnt be good for my credit. so im looking at myfico.com at the secured cards and i have never heard of these banks so im really weary of applying. what did u use, did it help u? its annoying to even get turned down for a gymboree visa and got declined and geez i just spent 200 there. cant get anything lol.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dolphinhj
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I think Bank of America has a secured Visa.

armama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM

bump

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM

http://www.creditcards.com/no-credit-history.php?a_aid=1017&a_cid=1424

Just stay away from Capital One. My experience (and im not the only one i know) was NOT good.

And I would get a card asap.. Companies will be increasing rates very soon.. I heard some as high as 30%!!

Missy323
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I don't have any secured cards but I would stay away from Bank of America and Capitol One.  We have had problems with both.

dolphinhj
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I've never had a secured one but my very first cc was with Capital One and I still have it today.  They are awesome for me, and they have never raised the interest rate once.  Its started at 9.9% and its still there:)

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Quoting dolphinhj:

I've never had a secured one but my very first cc was with Capital One and I still have it today.  They are awesome for me, and they have never raised the interest rate once.  Its started at 9.9% and its still there:)

Youre lucky.

I got a notice in the mail a couple months ago saying that as of June 19 or July.. Cant remember.. They would be raising the rate by 5%.. My rate was already slightly high with them and i had that card for 6 years and nothing ever got better about it while all my other cards would give me better rates as time went on.

cinemagirl823
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

http://www.creditcards.com/no-credit-history.php?a_aid=1017&a_cid=1424

Just stay away from Capital One. My experience (and im not the only one i know) was NOT good.

And I would get a card asap.. Companies will be increasing rates very soon.. I heard some as high as 30%!!

Yeah stay far far far away from Cap. One!!!!!

dolphinhj
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

That sucks!  Maybe I'm grandfathered in with the rate or something...I have had it for 15 years now:)

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting dolphinhj:

Youre lucky.

I got a notice in the mail a couple months ago saying that as of June 19 or July.. Cant remember.. They would be raising the rate by 5%.. My rate was already slightly high with them and i had that card for 6 years and nothing ever got better about it while all my other cards would give me better rates as time went on.

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Yeah. Thats probably it. Any card I think over 10 years old have awesome rates.. And the rates for CDs and Money market accounts.. omg.. I WISH my MM had a rate of even 7% right now!!!

Quoting dolphinhj:

That sucks!  Maybe I'm grandfathered in with the rate or something...I have had it for 15 years now:)

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting dolphinhj:

Youre lucky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)