• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training boys...............a question for exp mommies

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I am potty training my son.He will be 3 next month.........We have dabbled on and off over the last 6 months He wasn't showing much interest...Now he seems a lil more  interested so we have been trying for the last 4 days............

Now for the question....he gets upset if he gets wet  from his penis facing up.....Yet he wont let anyone touch it to push it down...He also wont sit on a potty that has a pee guard..Any tricks of the trade?????????

I also just found an answer to my next question browsing around.but..I would appreciate your thoughts on it.............

As I said we just started because he has just started telling me after he pees and poops..so I figured he was ready.But then I started putting him on the potty and he stopped telling me..............So I have just been bringing him in every hour or so or if I catch him trying to poop........So essentially its really  only by accident if he does go in there.......but he gets tons of praise...I actually jump up and down and sing a song and clap and call nana...He ggets squealing excited and wants everyone to see it....but he still bucks sitting on it...............

So I just read the 3 day training post....He hates it as I mentioned if his shirt gets wet from pee....so maybe I will put undies on under the pull up so he feels all the wet????      But I wont have to clean pee off every surface in the house lol....................

Thoughts?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Cheerios. 

Katenemsmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Show him how to stand.

mamaleah17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Yup.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Cheerios. 

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM

that and let him know you need to push it down or get it in the face

Quoting mamaleah17:

Yup.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Cheerios. 

shayla0224
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Thanks....He actually does show an interest in standing so I will try it...I thought you were supposed to train them sitting 1st lol...and I am not sure he will hold it to aim...but I will try

suzi960
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

buy a little stepping stool and m,ake him stand and aim.... it worked for my second son.....good luck i know its frustrating.......

Missy323
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I saw a potty training urinal the other day.  I think it was at Walmart or Target.  I am thinking about buying one for my son to try to get him interested. 

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Missy323:

I saw a potty training urinal the other day.  I think it was at Walmart or Target.  I am thinking about buying one for my son to try to get him interested. 

Someone told me they saw it at wally world.

shayla0224
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Omg thats right...I saw one in the one step catalog before it was really cool looking.If they have it at walmart I may just run over and get one :).Thankies

Quoting Missy323:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)