• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i have the right to upset. wouldnt you be?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

so my s/o took off work early today i guess. Was getting ready to go pick him up (he gets off at 5) and he texts me and says he took off a few hours ago. Oh? Its nice that you told me.. he does this all the time, takes off and doesnt even bother to tell me... would you be angry if your s/o did this all the time? sad thing is, he doesnt understand why it pisses me off...

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natalies_mama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM

i would be pissed!!!!!

Cyndi310
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM

i'd be pissed too! And i would want to know where he was during those "few" hours of free time. but thats just me.

blowing bubblesice creamboy on a swing

Angel       Doug         Liam

Mommys little bratts

marshsmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Yep, I would be mad and I also don't buy that whole "why are you mad" bit.  He knows good and well why otherwise he wouldn't have hidden the fact that he was off early!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

If you have to pick him up, what does he do when he gets off early?

lucky2bemom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM

he should at least call you to let you know. 

But the big can of worms is - where does he go?

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Yeah id be pretty pissed if this was an all the time thing..

Dh sometimes goes to a bar or something with his co workers but he at least lets me know. 

kayla4507
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quoting lucky2bemom:

to look at junk.. ex-old cars, just junk usually

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM

LOL Yeah I'd be pissed. I've actually had this happen to me before but my S/O at the time wasn't even planning on telling me. I was driving around town shopping with my cousin and saw him driving around the loop in his friends truck. I followed them, caught up to them and was driving along side of them, the look they had when they saw me was priceless. They pulled over and I was like WTF? he said he got off work early so he left his car at work and they were going to Tyler ( 45 minutes from where we live ) to go to the music shop. When he came home he had a new shirt he had bought at the mall, needless to say I was pissed he lied to me again after I had specifically asked him if they were going to the mall and he said no.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM

If you trust that he is really doing that, then, eh, I don't know if i would be mad.  Maybe a little irritated.  As long as he doesn't get in trouble with his job I don't see it as a huge deal.

Quoting kayla4507:

Quoting lucky2bemom:

to look at junk.. ex-old cars, just junk usually

kayla4507
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

If you have to pick him up, what does he do when he gets off early?

usually he gets a ride from his dad since they work at the same place so usually i dont have to pick him up, but his dad had an appt today. He has his friends come and get him when he leaves early but sometimes he drives his dads truck....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)