• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for mommys who work in healthcare......

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

do you have to work weeekends???? i do every other at my job  3pm to 8pm anyone else??? sucks but i love my job i am a CNA by the way at a assisted living facility

my reason for getting up everyday she is 3 and she is my world.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mami_x2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM

nope, i only work monday -friday and he just gave us half days onfridays! I love my job! Im a medical assistant and i work for a neurosurgeon.

Missy323
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Yes every other weekend.  When I worked at a drs office I didn't have to because they were closed on the weekends.  Facilities require some weekend time.

wagnerswifee21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I was a CNA for 3 yrs and have been an LPN for 11 now. I worked in a skilled nursing facility, and yes, we have always had to work every other w/e. Sucks, but someone has to do it, right? I hate the w/e holidays that fall on your w/e tho! I worked 8 out of 11 mother's days, and Xmas is REALLY tough on the kids to not be there for them. My co-workers were great tho. We wld help each other out whenever possible. and the XMAS my DH was deployed, they made sure I was givin it off, and they worked instead! i thought that was wonderful. They were a beautiful bunch of ppl to work w, and I miss them dearly.

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM

i know how you feel the way my weekends are i work every easter and every mothers day

Quoting wagnerswifee21:

I was a CNA for 3 yrs and have been an LPN for 11 now. I worked in a skilled nursing facility, and yes, we have always had to work every other w/e. Sucks, but someone has to do it, right? I hate the w/e holidays that fall on your w/e tho! I worked 8 out of 11 mother's days, and Xmas is REALLY tough on the kids to not be there for them. My co-workers were great tho. We wld help each other out whenever possible. and the XMAS my DH was deployed, they made sure I was givin it off, and they worked instead! i thought that was wonderful. They were a beautiful bunch of ppl to work w, and I miss them dearly.

Missy323
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Quoting wagnerswifee21:

I am an LPN too for 11 years.  I HATE WORKING WEKENDS!!!!  Holidays always suck too.  I had to work this past Xmas and my son was 19 months so he was starting to notice things.  The place I was working actually made me work Xmas eve and day (3-11 shift).  But they are also firing me while out on disability so I won't have to go back there.  My friend does 12hr shifts in a NICU and the nurses will do 6hr shifts instead so their co workers don't have to do 12hrs on Xmas and Thanksgiving.

momma_2_two_413
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM

right now I am only working every other weekend, 2nd shift in an assisted living home.  i am also a CNA.  however, if i do ever go to full-time i will be scheduled to work every other weekend...that's just how that company works.  it always seems like when it is my weekend to work there is a holiday or some sort of party or family get-together that is scheduled for that weekend!  go figure...grrr!!!

Daisypath

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Depends on the schedule. Wish I worked 3pm-8pm lol.

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM

lol i do part time ya its nice

Quoting ArmyGal:

Depends on the schedule. Wish I worked 3pm-8pm lol.

gabe11-14
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Before I became a WAHM I worked at an assisted living as an LPN and I only worked the weekend shift 7pm-7am Friday-Sunday. I also got more money working only weekends and I loved overnights!!! I miss working outside of the home!!!

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

i pull a 3am to 7pm once a month on a saturday and sunday; and on call another weekend; so total i work two weekends a month.

I am a RN at a hospice center.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)