• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have an opinion???

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

I was just thinking about all the things I am proud of my son for.  I would never change anything about having him becuase he is my biggest blessing in life aside from my husband.  So momma's I want you to tell me what your proudest about your children.  It doesn't have to be anything special for everyone, just something for you.

Here are mine:

The way he tries so hard to be independent, but still tells me he needs me.  (Yes my 2 1/2 year old says mommy I need you!)

How he says he is sorry when he does something (whether on accident or on purpose) that he knows he isn't supposed to do.

How he tries so hard to potty by himself, but has an accident because someone has moved his stool or his potty cushion.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM

She is 18 months and has always been atleast 2 months ahead!
She is such a good girl. She loves to share and feed anyone if she has food.

ramadan mubarak

crzy4luvfrmu18
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

That is adorable!! brandon likes to share food too, even if you don't want him to, he will feed it to you!!

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Mine is the same way! Especially her daddy! She is daddys girl and does everything she can to take care of him! Lol.

Quoting crzy4luvfrmu18:

That is adorable!! brandon likes to share food too, even if you don't want him to, he will feed it to you!!

ramadan mubarak

toady07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM

my ds is 11 yo and I think he started to get used to the fact that there would be no siblings for him - then when we found out that we were pregnant and then that it is a girl and not a boy he really had a hard time with it but now he helps to take care of me. He comes up to me every night and gives my belly a hug and tells the baby how much he loves her and can't wait for her to come out and play with him. He has offered to help feed and take care of her many many times too - I love it he's being so sweet.

CafeMom Tickers
crzy4luvfrmu18
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Quoting toady07:

my ds is 11 yo and I think he started to get used to the fact that there would be no siblings for him - then when we found out that we were pregnant and then that it is a girl and not a boy he really had a hard time with it but now he helps to take care of me. He comes up to me every night and gives my belly a hug and tells the baby how much he loves her and can't wait for her to come out and play with him. He has offered to help feed and take care of her many many times too - I love it he's being so sweet.

That is good.  I am glad he is coming around. 

kenziejosmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Oh gosh where to start. My daughter is 19 months and there are SO many things I'm proud of her for... so I guess I'll list a few that I can get off the top of my head :)

- She is an AWESOME big sister. I never thought at 19 months old she would do this great w/a newborn! She gives her little brother VERY gentle hugs and kisses and pats his back as well! She loves waking up to see her baby brother and when he's in his crib she looks everywhere for him and puts her hands in the air and says "Baby go?!", it's too cute and I'm so proud she does so well w/him!

- She feeds herself w/utensils. My nieces/nephew used their hands or were fed until who knows how old they were! Mackenzie uses her fork/spoon to eat with (most of the time, until she plays anyways) and she is actually 'stabbing' and scooping the food herself!

- Her manners! She says please whenever she wants something, thank you after and if she gives you something and you say thank you, she has started to say welcome! She has amazing manners for her age and knows how to use them. She has also started saying excuse me when she burps (she's been burping a lot the past couple days lol).

- Her independancy, is that a word??? She is very independant, but still needs me. I'm so proud of her for being able to do so much on her own. She puts dishes in the sink (her brother's bottles most of the time) and can throw stuff away, and knows if it's trash or not before putting it in the trash!

- This one is kind of funny.... but it's cool at the same time. We started the ONE TWO THREE thing... where when she's getting in trouble you count in a "stern" voice. Well.... when you say ONE she says "two?" and sometimes "one? two? three?!" It's funny but I'm proud at the same time because my baby girl is counting and doesn't even know it!

Those are a few I can think of off the top of my head.. she's such a big girl!! She's very very small for her age (everyone thinks she's right around 14 mo) but she is 'big' in how she does things!

IlyssasMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:34 PM

My little girl is 18 months old. I'm proud of everything she does, but little things stick out the most to me. Like, how if she hurts me on accident she kisses my boo-boo and says, "I sowwee" or how she says 'Thank You' if she gets something. I love that about her. She's so sweet. Oh, and she just recently started talking to Daddy on the phone, and she always says to him, "I miss you! I love you, Daddy!" So so sweet. I cry nearly every time.

My husband is a hero's hero. I'm proudly married to a Devil Doc!

kenziejosmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM

How adorable!!! My daughter doesn't yet talk back on the phone, she just sits there and listens and smiles. She looks at me like "what am I supposed to do??" it's cute..

Quoting IlyssasMommy:

My little girl is 18 months old. I'm proud of everything she does, but little things stick out the most to me. Like, how if she hurts me on accident she kisses my boo-boo and says, "I sowwee" or how she says 'Thank You' if she gets something. I love that about her. She's so sweet. Oh, and she just recently started talking to Daddy on the phone, and she always says to him, "I miss you! I love you, Daddy!" So so sweet. I cry nearly every time.

mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I am proud of my oldest because she is so giving and such a great big sister to both her siblings. Even if..she does fight with the middle one all the time. 

I am proud of my middle child because she has come so far in the last year. She was getting in trouble all the time and her grades were slipping.  Last year the teacher said she was the smartest kid in the class and I am bragging but he really did say that:)

I am proud of my son for just about everything he does.  Sometimes I think I have it so bad and I look at what he has went through and how happy he is despite of it all and think how selfish I am.  I am proud that he can eat independently(believe it or not that is a big onelol)  that his vocabulary has expanded so much within the last few months..I could go on and on but you get the point.

NevaehsMommy888
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM

My daughter will be 1 tomorrow, and I love how she walks around and gets into everything. Sometimes it's too much, but she always has to be touching something and I love watching her. Another thing is when I pick her up and she puts her head on my shoulders and pats my back and says "awww" haha.. Melts my heart everytime. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)