• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!! Some people needs to teach their kids some respect!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I'm out here in the livingroom trying to clean up.  I'm not gonna keep DS in his room alone where I can't see him so he's out here with me.  It's also really hot so I have to keep at least a window or the sliding glass door open to let some air in here.  There are some kids outside screaming profanity.  I have no idea who these kids are (we just moved in a couple months ago and the only people I know are my neighbors).  We live by a lake so people come over whenever.  My neighbor downstairs could walk out their sliding glass door... walk ten feet... and be in the lake.  So I don't even know if they live in this complex or not.  I go outside and kindly ask them to quit screaming curse words since my thirteen month old son is in the livingroom and we can hear them screaming in our apartment.  One of the kids proceeds to tell me to f-off!!!  I'm so pissed right now.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melo2828
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:10 PM

That is the problem today, to many kids have no respect for anyone, much less there elders. Some of it comes form parents letting there kids act that way. DH seen to many mother that let there child do what ever and get upset if anyone else tell them that. ( DH is a police officer, and to often the parent get mad at him saying why are you messing with my "baby").

PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Melo2828:

That is the problem today, to many kids have no respect for anyone, much less there elders. Some of it comes form parents letting there kids act that way. DH seen to many mother that let there child do what ever and get upset if anyone else tell them that. ( DH is a police officer, and to often the parent get mad at him saying why are you messing with my "baby").

My little brother will throw a fit if he doesn't get to play his videogames (he's seven).  He'll tell my mom no and scream and yell at her and she just takes it.  I think it's mostly cuz of his woman abuser of a father.  I will not have it in my house.  I tell him that he acts like that and talks to our mom that way in MY house... he doesn't get to play ANY of MINE AND DH's videogames and I make him apologize to her.  She gets mad at me for it but you gotta teach your kids.  Him and my baby sister (they're both bioligical siblings to each other... my half brother and sister) are the only one of all six of us that get away with that kind of stuff.  Thankfully my sister doesn't act that way.

Kchambers
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

im 28 years old and I still do not have the guts to say a curse word in from of my mother, and for a good reason.

Karina

krise
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM

So sad. 

mamato2cuties
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Demand for him to take you to his mother and tell her! I did this once when I caught a kid stealing the tire caps off our car. He cried and begged me not to tell all the way to his house(about 4 blocks) When I got there he went inside got his mother and she apologized thanked me for telling her and sent the kid inside. I never see that kid on my block any more and this happend about 2 years ago:)

wedding countdown

sydjademom24
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM

There are some really disrespectful kids around our apt. complex too. We've had stuff stolen, and some older boy tried to pick up my baby when I turned around for a second when she was like 4 weeks old....I flipped the F out!!! So now Sydney (my 4 yr. old) has her few friends that are allowed in the house. They are well behaved and they listen. And their parents check in on them regularly. I just had to set some ground rules and not let the "bad seeds" near my house. Now they are trying to be mean to Sydney while she's outside, and i'm not gonna stand for that either. Kids can be very cruel...my grade school years were miserable cuz I got made fun of all the time. I won't let that happen to my girls. But good luck with your unruly kids...most of the time, i don't know if you live in an apartment complex, but we called the management at one point and just said that these particular children were outside all the time, and the older girl had made mention that her mom locks her out of the house and on a seperate occasion she asked to use my restroom and said she couldn't use her's cuz she was locked out and we had asked them REPEATEDLY to keep their bikes away from our cars..they were riding right past them and had scratched them a couple times...no big deal, but we didn't want it to happen again. So they said they could do whatever they want and their mom told them they could ride wherever they wanted. So my husband had a talk with their mom and just said he would let everything to this point go..but from here on if they didn't stay away from the cars that he would call the cops and they would have to pay to repair the scratches. But the point is my husband shouldn't have had to have that converstation with the mom in the first place. When he asked the kids to stay away from the car they should have said "yes sir". So we told the apt. complex all this...and their response was basically "what do you want us to do about it?" I figured they would call CPS or something, kids just don't say their parents lock them out of the house for nothing, and she said this to me on 2 seperate occasions, so whatever. My husband says its not my place to get involved..so I let it go. Good luck with your situation.

hotsexymommaof3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I have a feeling that asking the kid where the parents are isn't not going to be an easy task. I know I would of started to yell at the kids where hopefully the parent will wise up and figure out the commotion. Or I would just call the peace officer and see what he can do.

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Oooh that pisses me off. The punks have no respect. Throw water balloons at them! hahah just kidding.

Call the non emergency line for your police dept. and tell them you have some teenage kids acting unruly and cursing at you and you would like an officer to come out.

emelymac
by Emely on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Ugh! I hate that! That's exactly why I don't let my kids play with about 99% of the kids on my street.  Most of my neighbors think I'm a snob because of it, but oh well.  Granted it's not the children's fault, but still.

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM

i'd be MORTIFIED if my children ever spoke to an adult like that!  i give full permission to any adult to give my kids a talkin' to if they ever say or do anything so disrespectful towards an adult as what these kids did to you.  i hear a lot of people in my mom and grandma's generation say children used to behave ALL adults... that just doesn't happen anymore.  but i'll be damned if i'm going to let my child think they need to have their asses kissed by adults.

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)