Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I went to my dr apt today.....could someone give me some info pls..UPDATED IN RED AND NEED HELP!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM
  • 24 Replies

She wanted to hospitalize me for re-hydration but gave me the option to try a different med to help me be able to eat and drink. A suppository. I was throwing up at her office every 5 mins and could barely talk to her so she also gave me a shot in the ass to help me make it home (i wasn't driving so I was happy about that- over wise i wouldn't have been able to get t) She told me to go home and sleep as much as possible and have my hubby go get my Rx. The shot did wonders for me and tomorrow I start my new Rx. She said if I still feel horrible and throw up constantly to go see her again and they will have to hook me up to IV fluids.

Has anyone went through this before? Will I have to stay at the hospital to get IV fluids or will I be hooked up at home?

OMG I took a suppository and almost died!!! My ass is burning so bad still!! I couldn't stand it, i was screaming and crying- and I normally can put up with alot of pain but I can't stand this!! I had to push it out and now my ass is bleeding!! Nothing in the papers says anything about this...

It just added to my problems instead of helping.. :(

PhotobucketLilypie
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM

It depends.It could be just a few hours,or the may want you to stay over night but it'll be at the hospital.

That's how my pregnancy with my daughter went.Miserable!I feel for you and hope the meds make it better.What are you taking?My meds KNOCKED ME OUT,which totally took care of the vomiting and nausea,lol.

Photobucket
twogreatkids
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I am pretty sure if you need IV fluids you will be in a hospital setting where the nurses can monitor you.  All I would recommend is keep trying to stay hydrated.  I know it is not easy but you need to.  Anything will work, soup, fruits, juices but liquids are best at this point, I think.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM

i had horrid morning sickness with all 3..and ended up on meds....if they do admit you it will be overnight and then the suppositories will help.  they may MAKE you sleep...some make you so sleepy but your body probably needs that right now.......feel better.......

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

oh and do just little sips every 15 min or so until you can tolerate more on the meds.....and it is better to throw up something than to dry heave....cause you do retain small portions.  Ice chips helped me some.....although my mother in law thougth I'd freeze the baby....LOL...it will not hurt you and it helps numb the gag reflex some......ginger ale too helped a bit...but had to be really really cold almost slushy.....hang in there....it will get better eventually....and take meds as directed....even if you begin to feel better until the dr tells you to stop.  dehydration can bring on contractions....trust me I know.  hang in there 

NickLukeandEmma
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I have had both. I have had to be hydrated gosh about 10 times total during all three pregnancies in the hospital. With my first I had an IV started and went home. They sent home all the supplies I needed and for 4 days I had an IV at home. A nurse would come every afternoon to check on me. I had to change my own bags and what not. It was such a pain.

I would recommend doing it at the hospital. Is it phenergan suppositories? That should help hopefully. What else have you tried? 

RoguesMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Yes, it's phenergan. I'm not sure if my dr meant iv fluids, or iv meds to help with being sick.....

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

I have had both. I have had to be hydrated gosh about 10 times total during all three pregnancies in the hospital. With my first I had an IV started and went home. They sent home all the supplies I needed and for 4 days I had an IV at home. A nurse would come every afternoon to check on me. I had to change my own bags and what not. It was such a pain.

I would recommend doing it at the hospital. Is it phenergan suppositories? That should help hopefully. What else have you tried? 

PhotobucketLilypie
NickLukeandEmma
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Probably both. And if they give you IV meds they work so much faster lol. The only problem for me was phenergan made me sooooooo tired. The zofran that melts under your tongue works okay. Not fabulous but it doesn't make me as drowsy,

My last pregnancy they wanted to put a pump in my leg that pumped zofran all the time. Thank goodness at 20something weeks I quit getting that sick all day long.

I hope it works and if you have any questions you can PM I have BTDT three times.

Quoting RoguesMommy:

Yes, it's phenergan. I'm not sure if my dr meant iv fluids, or iv meds to help with being sick.....

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM

oh phenergan will help you tons! it will take away any hint of a stomach ache you ever had lol. at least they did for me. they do kinda burn a bit if you've had the runs.

Quoting RoguesMommy:

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

RoguesMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I tried Zofran and it did nothing for me at all...the phenergan knocks me out for hours but I haven't been able to sleep in weeks because I'm litterally throwing up every 30mins all day and night, so I'll take sleeping over feeling this way.

I hope something works..

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Probably both. And if they give you IV meds they work so much faster lol. The only problem for me was phenergan made me sooooooo tired. The zofran that melts under your tongue works okay. Not fabulous but it doesn't make me as drowsy,

My last pregnancy they wanted to put a pump in my leg that pumped zofran all the time. Thank goodness at 20something weeks I quit getting that sick all day long.

I hope it works and if you have any questions you can PM I have BTDT three times.

Quoting RoguesMommy:

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

PhotobucketLilypie
RoguesMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM

You've tried the suppositories? Does it work faster than taking it orally?

Quoting marilyn623:

oh phenergan will help you tons! it will take away any hint of a stomach ache you ever had lol. at least they did for me. they do kinda burn a bit if you've had the runs.

Quoting RoguesMommy:

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

PhotobucketLilypie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)