• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower...alcohol or not?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM
  • 252 Replies

Im 5 months preggo and my bestie will be throwing me a baby shower at the end of next month, she has been asking me what i would like to have at the shower and where would i like to have at?? i live at a nice community that has a huge clubhouse...! we thought about having it there or at a park??? to avoid a mess at my house, we went to inquire about it yesterday and they said that there is no alcohol allowed.....i do live in las vegas and i guess at every get together there is atleast beer...! i have been to different showers and they all have some type of alcohol.......also i do plan on having a coed shower...! so idk if i should have alcohol or not.... what do u guys think???

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsReesca17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I've never heard of alcohol at a baby shower.  I think that's trashy.

myfoursonsks

I have actually never been to a baby shower that served alcohol.

mommyof3boys567

I threw a baby shower for my cousin and we made blue jello shots and blue margaritas not enough to for everyone to get drunk :) everyone had a blast.

Michelle2080

My friend is doing a Brunch baby shower for me so she is having mermosa's (sp?) along with punch and soda. I think it is okay, no need for a huge open bar though!! lol 

Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:19 PM

nope.. no booze at baby showers. i live in vegas too and my hubby told my great aunt she had to get hers out of my baby shower or else!! which i was so happy he did.  i mean who drinks at a baby shower

krise
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

well being Mexican, there's always liquor at any event my family or I throw. Why not, it's a party. Its not like your drinking.  

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I have actually never been to a baby shower that served alcohol.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
MrS96sS
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM

maybe since we live in las vegas its a different view....its not like the guest will get trashed or anything i guess its just for a good time...this is why im confused! lol...

Quoting MrsReesca17:

I've never heard of alcohol at a baby shower.  I think that's trashy.

MrS96sS
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM

true,.... im mexican too and we do have alcohol at any event! and no i will not be drinking!

Quoting krise:

well being Mexican, there's always liquor at any event my family or I throw. Why not, it's a party. Its not like your drinking.  

iluvmylilmen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM

We had spiked lemonade at my baby shower...I don't see why it really matters...it's your shower..do what you want

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)