Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please explain this to me!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Why in the world to people think they know how to do my job better than I do?

I work in the Drivers License department at the sheriff's office and some people just think they know how to do it all!

and some kids ohhhhh boy when I was little if I would have talked to someone else like that my mom would have popped me soooo hard in the mouth!

awwww sigh!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kaitlynsmom1230
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I work in customer support for 4 banks...I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have a customer at one of our banks that will call wanting help but he gets 12 pages ahead of me and I can't figure out what the hell he's clicking on. So of course he gets mad cause we can't help him.

prego7386
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM

yeah gotta love working with the public..i was a waitress and i had a customer ask me bring him another pitcher of beer so i came right back and put the bag of ice in to keep it cold without watering it and he said "oh good you brought the ice...i was about to knock your make-up off your face if you forgot it" yeah real good there jackass....i always hated bike night ugh

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Lol. Sorry you deal with idiots!
Sometimes the people do know more! Lol. Everytime I go to the DMV, I have to explain to the workers there about state laws about religious headcoverings!!!!

ramadan mubarak

mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:27 PM

One time I when I was waiting tables..I worked at Shoneys and there is no pay at the table here at Shoneys.  Anyway, sometimes older people would ask me to pay their bill for them. In order to do that I would have to go up to the register wait on whoever was in line and cash it out and return with the change..this can take a bit of time especially when you are busy.  Anyway, one man came in and ate and asked me to do this for him so I take up his money and before I got back this man was up and screaming at the manager and another waitress that I STOLE his money and he was going to kick my A**.  That was interesting.  Sorry you had a bad day too.  I don't get what people are thinking sometimes.

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM

i had a woman here on cafemom tell me i wasn't good at my job, which was army interrogator.  the woman was a civilian and probably didn't know the first thing about interrogation or human intelligence collections...

but it's cafemom so i blew her off, lol.  i admit, i would have been really angry if she said those things to me in person.

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

amyself
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I used to sell diamonds...what tools would come in telling me lines from the movie blood diamond or wipping out there eye pieces...TOOLS!  I hate it when they would come in with some bs off of QVC about tanzanite or something it was really annoying!  My mom has worked for the PD as a dispatcher for 20 years and I know she could tell a few stories too!

SocialAtrocity
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I work for an ambulance transportation company. We have quite a few hospitals that will send us a request with nothing more than the room the patient is in and the hospital they are coming from. We then have to call the hospital to track the nurse down and ask her where the patient is going, what thier DOB and SS# is, insurance information and what kind of transport the patient will need. Most of the time, they dont have any idea, even though they are the patients nurse. Or what really gets me is when a nurse calls and needs to set up transport but has no information on the patient. Mind you, we ask the same information for all transports we do, both emergency as well as non-emergency. 

Or whats even better is when a nursing home or an assisted living facility call to send a resident out, they call us when half the time they very clearly should have called 911.  

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Quoting SocialAtrocity:

I work for an ambulance transportation company. We have quite a few hospitals that will send us a request with nothing more than the room the patient is in and the hospital they are coming from. We then have to call the hospital to track the nurse down and ask her where the patient is going, what thier DOB and SS# is, insurance information and what kind of transport the patient will need. Most of the time, they dont have any idea, even though they are the patients nurse. Or what really gets me is when a nurse calls and needs to set up transport but has no information on the patient. Mind you, we ask the same information for all transports we do, both emergency as well as non-emergency.

Or whats even better is when a nursing home or an assisted living facility call to send a resident out, they call us when half the time they very clearly should have called 911.

OH jeez I get lots of those 2 the should have been a 911 calls!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)