Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Church vandalism

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

There has been a rash of church vandalisms in our area. On Thursday when I picked my 8 year old daughter up from school early (we were leaving out of town), I had to step over glass to get into the office - every door and window in the main school building was busted. I ran to the office, along with another parent who had just arrived, and asked what had happened. Apparently, *someone* had thrown bricks through the glass at the school and the church the night before.... the school had left the glass *as is* per the sheriff's advice until evidence could be collected. We are Roman Catholic and this is a Catholic prep school on the same grounds as a Catholic church. The children were told that somebody was angry with Jesus and that this person needs our prayers, not our anger. Quite honestly I am finding it hard not to be angry. Why target a building that caters specifically towards children? This building is OBVIOUSLY a school.

Last night, according to our local news, a Mosque (spelling?) was hit a couple days ago with the same type of "vandalism". So I am wondering now if it is someone who is against religion in general.

People like this make me sick. It angers me that I am scared to send my child back to school.

Okay, vent over.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I am not really for organized religion for myself, but I can't imagine why anyone would do this.  Some people just have a lot of hate in their hearts.  Maybe they need someone to pray for them.

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM

yeah targeting places of worship is pretty angry, you know there's a lot of thought and anger behind it, and it's like they're making a statement more than anything else.  God forbid anyone get hurt.

our church was set on fire and a lot of stuff was stolen from inside (like the computers and other expensive things).  they specifically set our sanctuary on fire.  so we had to raise a lot of money to get it refurbished and restored, but we just raised a tent outside and worshiped in the nasty weather for as long as it took, lol.  we did pray for them, it was two young men who claimed they hate Christians.  i'm sure their parents were horrified! 

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

kaitlynsmom1230
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM

My old church got vandalized alot. The downstairs is mostly underground but there are windows at the top of the wall close to the ceiling in the basement classrooms. We had A/C window units in those windows...they'd steal the units and then come in and take radios and stuff out of other rooms. Finally the church bought central heating and air.

pisces_chick89
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM

aww im sorry autymns..but you shouldnt be scared..vandalism happens all the time and the glass can be swept up.. : )

probably someone drunk or high off their ass that did it..

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/nature/bears/panda-ani.gifwant a group without censorship or post deletion?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/105760

Saffyre
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Things like this piss me off royally. Some people have no respect at all. I don't care if they have problems with a certain religion - there is NO excuse for doing something like this. ESPECIALLY when there are children involved.

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM

My mosque has been vandalized more than once. There are alot of sick people out there :(

ramadan mubarak

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I'm sorry :o( I can honestly say, now, that I know how you feel.

Quoting isra1986:

My mosque has been vandalized more than once. There are alot of sick people out there :(

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM

But the reasons why they did it cannot just be swept up. Our parish school has small children... the Islamic mosque has small children attending daycare. I just don't understand it.

There are several religions that I do not personally agree with, but I would NEVER disrespect their beliefs this way.

Lol, I guess I am glad that half of the sheriff's office are parishoners at our church. They are taking personal interest in finding out if our vandalism case is connected to the Mosque vandalism.

Quoting pisces_chick89:

aww im sorry autymns..but you shouldnt be scared..vandalism happens all the time and the glass can be swept up.. : )

probably someone drunk or high off their ass that did it..

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I am sorry you know :(
It is a sick feeling to know there are people out there with so much hate that they do this tyoe of thing :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I'm sorry :o( I can honestly say, now, that I know how you feel.

Quoting isra1986:

ramadan mubarak

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)