Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me it gets better.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM
  • 1 Replies

So yesterday was the start of school for DS and DD. DS is now in the first grade and his teacher seems really nice. I went to pick him up and the teacher said she had to move him because he kept talking. Ok, no big deal. Well today, I go and pick him up and she told me that he wouldn't stay in his seat and kept shaking his box. UGH! Ok, fine, we'll have a talk. She was like I don't know if it's because of the new school year or if he did this last year. I assure you, he did not do this last year. So I get him home and asked him why he was shaking his box and he said because he glue wasn't in there right. I told him to leave the glue alone and not worry about it. So he has to go to bed 10 minutes early and is currently cleaning his room if he does not want that time to get added on to.

Now onto my lovely DD. Yesterday, her teacher's assistant said DD was wonderful. Ok, whew! Glad to hear that. Well we get home and DD told me the teacher yelled at her. Ok.....what's up with this? Although I know DD can be a little dramatic sometimes, I decide to ask what's going on when I drop her off today. The teacher had no clue what I was talking about and said she would talk to the assitant teachers. (There's two of them.) So I go back this afternoon and the teacher asks me to come into the classroom. GREAT!!! Second day of Pre-K and I get asked to talk to the teacher. So I'm in there and the assistant teacher tells me that they were in class this afternoon and DD bolts for the door and runs down the hallway. She went after her and she said all of a sudden DD sits down in the hallway and starts laughing. I was then asked if she does this at home. Yes, and we have been trying to work with her on it. So the teacher says that she didn't grab DD or anything but got her to start walking back to the classroom while holding her hand. Ok, that's fine. Well as they're passing the hallway that leads to the front door, DD takes off again. Seriously? Luckily the Vice Principal was by the front door and stopped her. He told her she wasn't allowed to do that and of course asked her why she was trying to get out. THANK GOD her answer wasn't Because I want to!( Which is her common answer when she does something wrong.) She kept saying my mommy's out there! So they got her to realise that I wasn't out there and she headed back to class. But does the lovely attitude change...NOPE! At this point, DD starts crawling into the cubby holes! And this is where the Because I want to answer comes into affect! The assitant teacher (I really need to learn her name) said that she understands because she has a 6 year old just like DD. (I am so sorry!) Anyway, she said it will get better but with it being the second day of school, they're still adjusting. She then answered the question about yelling. She said that they haven't been yelling persay but having to raise their voices because there is a screamer in the classroom. Apparently he screams almost the entire time he's there and they have to raise their voices to be heard. So even the simple, Ok, put your stuff away, is now being said louder than normal. So she assured me that they weren't yelling at the kids but just trying to be heard.

And now if that wasn't enough for today....I went out to the van today to take DS to school and of course my van won't start. So DH gives me a jump. So I run DS to school and take him in and when I get back out to the van, does it start? NOOOO! Of course not! So luckily a woman had a set of cables and gave me a jump. (Mine were still at the house because I rushed off without them.) Of course that couldn't go smoothly! Her cables were to short to park next to me so she had to park in front of me and she hit my van. I have a couple of scratches. Nothing to bad. She however, had scratches as well as her bumper pushed in. She was like oh well, that's what insurance is for. Took my name and number so she could verify with the insurance company that she hit me. I told her I wasn't worried about my van because in all reality, if you didn't know it happened you probably wouldn't even notice. I did feel bad however because she was trying to help me out and now is filling an insurance claim. Atleast she was really nice about it and kept saying that's what insurance was for. On top of all of this, I'm pmsing and my c-section scar hurts so bad right now. I think I'm just going to slip into a hot tub after the kids go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow gets better!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KMAsMommy9182
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Awh...you've had quite the rough couple of days huh?  I'm sorry...hope things get better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)