• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you dilate more or even sooner the more kids you had?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

Did you dilate more or even sooner the more kids you had?  With my 1st I was dilated at 2cm by 37 weeks and with my 2nd I was dilated at 3cm by 37 weeks.  It's been 5 years since I've had a kid.  So I don't know if that affects anything or not.  I know dilating doesn't mean much but to me I see it is when I go into labor I would like to be closer to 10cm as possible.  :)

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM

not sure, but i'm curious to find out, too!  (i'm pregnant with only my second child, so it doesn't apply to me, i'm just curious to see the responses).

i think i remember you from quite some time ago!  i HAD an account back when i first got pregnant, and you and i were around the same due date and we were both showing really early.  i think i remember you posting pictures about it (am i right, or was that totally not you?) and i posted pics, too... but a couple of women called me fat and it hurt my feelings so i left cafemom, LOL. 

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

celticreverie
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I dunno. I didn't lol..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Nursing at keyboard.. Please excuse my typos Pictures, Images and Photos

withsecond
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM

My two boys are 10 years apart and with my oldest I was induced and in labor for 10 hours, with my youngest I was only in labor for 1 hour and 38 minutes!!! So the amount of time that goes by doesn't really matter, at least it didn't with me. I'm pregnant with my third and I'm kind of scared I won't make it to the hospital!

I can't say when I started to dialate or how much because with my first I had to be induced due to leaking fluid and with my second, well I barely had time to get to the hospital!

Wife to Seanin loveMom to Michael 11 years old teen boy

Aedan 17 monthstoddler boyand pregnant with a boy! Due October 3rd! pregnant belly

MissiHampt

They called you FAT for posting baby bump pics?!?!  Wow, I know people around here can be seriously rude but that takes the cake!

As for the original question....I have no idea.  But it would be good to go faster with each baby....I'd sure like to get this one out quicker than my first, and speedy dialation would be a good way to start.

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

not sure, but i'm curious to find out, too!  (i'm pregnant with only my second child, so it doesn't apply to me, i'm just curious to see the responses).

i think i remember you from quite some time ago!  i HAD an account back when i first got pregnant, and you and i were around the same due date and we were both showing really early.  i think i remember you posting pictures about it (am i right, or was that totally not you?) and i posted pics, too... but a couple of women called me fat and it hurt my feelings so i left cafemom, LOL. 

Mamagirlz

ahh.. I'm sorry some women on here can be mean.  Ya I had an account on here earlier.  I spent so much time on here and the only way to get me to stop was to delete it.  I missed it so now I'm back.  It's nice having people on here being pregnant with you.  I don't have that here.  I was showing early and thought that was crazy.  The dr. told me that's just normal since this is my 3rd.  I'm measuring correctly.  Well at my last visit I measured 2cm bigger.  Which I guess is okay and nothing to worry about.

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

devasmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I only went into labor with my 1st baby. My son was an emergency C-sec and my DD was a scheduled C-sec.

My sister was in labor for 22 hours with my niece(after her water broke), 3 years later she had a 30 minute labor and the medical assistant delivered my nephew before the doctor even got to my sisters room. With her 3rd, another girl, she labored for 12 hours.

So, I am not sure if labor is shorter with subsequent children, or not.

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

ariannasmom114
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

with my first i didnt dilate till i went into labor but with my second i was dilated 2cm for like 3 months

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM

yeah it was mean, lol.  and i asked my doctor about it, she said that the reason i'm showing so early is because my uterus was still really large from giving birth just 12 months prior... so it was my baby bump and not just fat.  i'm still measuring 3-4 weeks further along.

okay sorry if this is creepy but i was so curious i checked out your photos, and i saw some from when you just found out you were pregnant (around the time i did) and you took photos, and i totally remember you.  which is great, that means my memory has actually served me right for once, pregnancy has stolen my brain, lol.

Quoting Mamagirlz:

ahh.. I'm sorry some women on here can be mean.  Ya I had an account on here earlier.  I spent so much time on here and the only way to get me to stop was to delete it.  I missed it so now I'm back.  It's nice having people on here being pregnant with you.  I don't have that here.  I was showing early and thought that was crazy.  The dr. told me that's just normal since this is my 3rd.  I'm measuring correctly.  Well at my last visit I measured 2cm bigger.  Which I guess is okay and nothing to worry about.

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM

yeah, and i thought i actually looked pretty cute.  i have never in my life been called fat before, lol... it was weird, and yes very rude!  this is the picture (i think, i lost a lot of old photos)

Quoting MissiHampt:

They called you FAT for posting baby bump pics?!?!  Wow, I know people around here can be seriously rude but that takes the cake!

As for the original question....I have no idea.  But it would be good to go faster with each baby....I'd sure like to get this one out quicker than my first, and speedy dialation would be a good way to start.

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

azn_ladie82
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Everything depends on your body and the baby. I dilated at 37 weeks and I was 1cm, had the night I found out. I dilated at 1 1/2 cms @ 28 weeks and had him within 20 hours. Then I dilated at 1cm @ 28 weeks and had him a week later.

~ SAHM to Jordan (4), Jayden (2), Justin (1) & 2 Angel Babies ~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)