Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irregular period, light discharge and gassy? UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

So here's the thing.  My hubby and I were trying to have a baby.  Last month,  we thought we were....my period was 7 days late (usually starts on the 18th.. .this time it was the 25th)  and I took a preg test and it said positive, but it was a very very light postivie.  So anyways I started my period, but it was weird.  Not only was it late, but it only lasted 2 1/2 days.  I never got any cramping and it was real light in color.   I figured I was late because I was stressed about my daughter's 1st bday party.   I moved on....

Well I didn't know whether not my period would start on the 18th (like normal)  or if I should expect it on the 25th (like last month)  Well, today is the 25th and it still hasn't started.  I've been gassy for the last week.  The last couple of days I've been having a discharge whenever I pee.  So my question is,  does this sound like I will be starting my period?  Or is it possible I could really be pregnant?  Because if so, I'd be like 8 weeks.......  opinions please?  Thanks ladies!

BTW:  I'd call my OB and make an appointment to find out, but he's moving his office currently and has no openings for about 2 months.

So my hubby came home with a digital test last night, and sure enough it said PREGNANT.  :)  Now I need to get into the Dr, because I don't know if I'm only 4 weeks...or perhaps 8.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
caiti
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Take another HPT and see if it's positive. Can't hurt. You may have just been having spotting for what you thought was your last period. That's my advice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Boy Stole my Heart

haroldswife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It sounds like a definite positive to me.  I would take another urine pregnancy test and see what it says.  Baby dust your way.  Good luck.

PROUD TO BE A MILITARY WIFE AND MOM

gracielullaby
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM

What happened the first month sounds like what happened to me. I normally have funky things happening with my cycle but this particular month, it was a little late, but when it did come, it was very very light flow, no cramping. I took a test and it was light positive too. I took one 2 days later and it was def positive. Take another test and if it's positive, fine a doc you can see right away. There's no way I'd be waiting 2 months to see a doc when finding out I was preggers!!

Good luck!!

rachael_c
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Ok, thanks ladies.   I will have hubby stop and get a test on the way home from work tonight.

rachael_c
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

bump.  Any other thoughts?  Has this happened to anyone else?

Staceyymichelle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM

even very very lite + are still +. you may have had just spotting which would thank u started your period and it actually happens to alot of women. i would take another test. good luck.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
rachael_c
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:24 AM

bump with update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)