• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

32 week appt.... appropriate?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

Is the 32 week appt an appropriate appt to bring up the birth plan, and induction date, especially since i have my hospital tour next week? I need an induction date agreed on now (preferably Oct 20, my due date is the 18th) if i don't have her before then so my mom can get her tickets and get it all settled. He has already agreed to an induction a month ago, we just haven't settled on a date. So would this be an appropriate appt?

And as for the hospital tour do you bring your birthplan then too, to go over when you are filling out all your paper work and talking with the nursing coordinator?

toddler boystorkamerican flag ribbonair force

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Pregnancy Groups
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

mamaleah17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Seems normal to me.

nemiller
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:17 PM

my doctor gave me a birth plan form at my 32 week appointment and asked me to bring it to my 36 week appointment so they could make copies and file it in my patient records.  if you have your birthing plan ready, there's no harm in asking your doctor to talk to you about the things you'd like to discuss this early.

ariannasmom114
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM

i never had a birth plan but u might not be able to schudule an induction cause if u do go over ur due date u still might not be ready to be induced my doc would even talk about induction until it looked like the baby was ready to come which was being dialated and somewhat effaced she said it might not work if the baby wasnt ready

MamaDiedrich
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Quoting ariannasmom114:

i never had a birth plan but u might not be able to schudule an induction cause if u do go over ur due date u still might not be ready to be induced my doc would even talk about induction until it looked like the baby was ready to come which was being dialated and somewhat effaced she said it might not work if the baby wasnt ready

He already agreed to an induction a week before my due date. so he shouldn't have a problem writing one in for two days after my EDD

toddler boystorkamerican flag ribbonair force

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I think it's appropriate.  However, my doctor doesn't do the pre-hospital admission paperwork until 36 weeks, which to me is a little late.  A lot of women end up delivering early.  I don't think it's too early to ask for an induction date though.  Many women schedule c-sections months in advance, although that may be different since it's surgery.  With the birth plan, I was going to give one copy to my OB by 36 weeks, then include a few copies in my pre-admission paperwork and bring several copies with me when I go into labor.  You never know if they will get lost or staff changes and stuff like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)