Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband left you

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM
  • 34 Replies

unexpectedly, how long would you wait for him? I feel like I am "on hold". Am I supposed to just try to "get over him"? I feel like Im just waiting for him to come back. But I dont even know if he is coming back. This is really hard. I dont know how to feel or what to do. One of my friends told me they could "hook me up with someone". But I feel like I would be cheating!! How do I know when its over? I dont want to be hooked up. I just want my husband back.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Hugs! I think if something ever happened between DH and I I would be in the same boat!

ramadan mubarak

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM

You'll feel it.  If you're ever still in doubt, it's not time yet.

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

CaneWife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM

This just happened, right?

First, you need to talk to your husband. Find out what is going on. He says he's not coming back? Then he needs to file for divorce. He says he is? Then you both need to get into counselling. He doesn't know? Then YOU go to counseling and when you decide that you can't live with him stringing you along, YOU file for divorce.

I wouldn't be hooking up with anyone right now. You need to figure out what's happening. And when you do, you need time to heal yourself.

Good luck.

feralkitten
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

how long has it been

mom2four1978
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I would wait at least until the divorce was final or even legal separation papers had been filed.

I refuse to raise SHEEPLE. Instead, I prefer to raise INDEPENDANT, STRONG WILLED, BRAVE people.

lauraluann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Quoting CaneWife:

First, you need to talk to your husband. Find out what is going on. He says he's not coming back? Then he needs to file for divorce. He says he is? Then you both need to get into counselling. He doesn't know? Then YOU go to counseling and when you decide that you can't live with him stringing you along, YOU file for divorce.

I wouldn't be hooking up with anyone right now. You need to figure out what's happening. And when you do, you need time to heal yourself.

Good luck.

pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM

this honey, and if you need someone to talk to, im here.

but i also agree, you have doubt, youre not ready at all.

youll know, when youre ready to let go.

Quoting CaneWife:

Good luck.

Meet me- Amanda: I'm 20. I'm a "my give a damn is broken" kinda mom. I'm married to a soldier. i have three kiddos. I am attending online college for criminology, AND I'm joining the army also. I don't need a momma, I HAVE ONE.  i don't give a damn what you think (see above) so save your breath YES I am a bitch... BUT this is the Internet, Try not to have an aneurysm over it.

Vampee_Mom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I wouldn't wait for him.

If my husband packed up and left me. Then he's left me.. I would file for divorce (get everything that was rightfully mine) and move on with my life.

I would not get hooked up..I would file for a d-i-v-o-r-c-e.. Then when I felt like it, I would consider my friend's hook up for me.

My husband either loves me and wants to be with me or he doesn't. 

I am not an option for my hubby to try out, leave to see if he likes that better, then come back if he didn't find greener pastures or find himself as happy as he thought he would be.

CrozCryz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Aw, I'm sorry sweetie!  Just trust in your feelings and instincts... if you don't feel like being with anyone else at this time, then take time to be by yourself and with your kids.  You'll know when it's time to try to move on.  No one can just up and start a new life with someone else... just surround yourself with friends and loved one's as best you can. 

mybabybugssmile
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I came home from work on April 1st, 2006 (april fools day nonetheless) to find my "husband" had taken everything. The rent money, food, furniture, clothes, all to his mistresses house. He literally left me and our 6 month old son homeless and penniless. That day it felt like the end of the world. But today, I can say I am THANKFUL he did this to me, because now I know what kind of "man" he really is, and there is ALOT of truth behind the saying of " You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice". Hang in there. There IS light at the end of the tunnel, I promise you :)

Out The Doorbackpackfalling_leaves

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)