Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daddy's Gone!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

I think it is finally hitting my 2 little ones that daddy is not coming home tonight. He deployed at 3am, and they did not understand these past couple weeks whenever we tried explaining it to them. It is now almost bedtime and dd -age 2, has been demanding that daddy come home for bedtime. My 4 y/o ds keeps asking if we are ALL going to bed together, ....you mommy, me, sis-sis, and daddy...he keeps saying. I keep telling him no, daddy went bye-bye and is going to see his older brother in Iraq for awhile because he needs some daddy-time too! lol He just says 'Ohhh ok'. DD has finally stopped throwing a fit and is watching Dora for the 1000th time before bed. This is gonna be 1 loooooooooooong year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM

hugs

wagnerswifee21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM

BIG HUGS!!

MarineWifey0708

awww im sorry momma. you can do it. take lots of  pics. make  lots of memories. take them to the store and tell them to help you get things ready to send to daddy.  its gonna  be hard but try and make the best of it. you can and will make it

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
mommytotaylor

i am sorry, hang in there mommahugs if you want someone to talk to you can pm me,i dont know what you are going through but i am a good listener :)

ArmyWifey4907
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Aww it'll be okay mommy.  Is this the first deployment?  We've been through one, and DS was only a newborn, didn't really know who Daddy was until he got home.  But all I can tell you is to keep the kids and yourself busy.  Include them in making care packages for Daddy.  Take lots of pictures, make videos to share with him if you ever get the chance to IM or what-not.  Yes it will be a long year, but I always tried to think of it as this way: Each day that he's gone is just one day closer to him coming home.

So keep your heads up mommy, you and the kids.  If you need to talk you can PM me whenever. 

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Thanks. It's my 3rd, the 2nd for ds, and the 1st for dd. She is the most temperamental and rebellious so I am NOT looking forward to the next few weeks. She is a daddy's girl too!

Quoting ArmyWifey4907:

Aww it'll be okay mommy.  Is this the first deployment?  We've been through one, and DS was only a newborn, didn't really know who Daddy was until he got home.  But all I can tell you is to keep the kids and yourself busy.  Include them in making care packages for Daddy.  Take lots of pictures, make videos to share with him if you ever get the chance to IM or what-not.  Yes it will be a long year, but I always tried to think of it as this way: Each day that he's gone is just one day closer to him coming home.

So keep your heads up mommy, you and the kids.  If you need to talk you can PM me whenever. 

lauraluann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Aww so sad I couldn't imagine my hubby leaving us for a year and explaining that to my 2 year old.  She gets upset when he is gone to work for only 8 hours.

Good Luck and God Bless

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the support.  :)

iluvmylilmen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I'm sorry that you guys are going through this. But thank your husband for me...it's amazing to me all the people to volunteer to enlist!! I totally support our troops and hope for a quick year for you guys!!

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Thanks! I hope that with a little more sleep than I have had in the last 2-3 weeks maybe will come a little more patience for my kids with it! One can only hope right!

Quoting iluvmylilmen:

I'm sorry that you guys are going through this. But thank your husband for me...it's amazing to me all the people to volunteer to enlist!! I totally support our troops and hope for a quick year for you guys!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)