• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so heres the story...

DS will be 3 in October. He goes pee and poop on the potty when we ask him to and he also knows when he is going potty in his diaper.  So I am pretty sure its time to start potty training. 

I just gave birth and with two kids in diapers I feel like I am changing diapers all day long...

I have heard about the 3 day potty training and other things but I was wondering what that requires?

How did you potty train?  I am lost when it comes to anything dealing with potty training...

Help please

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
renrut3907
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM

isn't he most of the way there if he's going in the potty?  It hasn't clicked fully yet.  I say give it time.  He'll get it.  They say to take them every half hour, too.  Boys take longer and most kids won't poop in the potty for quite some time after they start peeing.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

The Potty Training Moms Support Group

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

alli1204
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I'm a huge advocate of the 3 day potty training method.  We did it and it only took a day and a half.....and my dd hasn't had 1 accident since then.  We basically told her "no more diapers" and that was that.  The first day was HELL, but by the 2nd day she was getting the hang of it.  We do put her in diapers when she naps and goes to sleep, but hopefully we'll be done with that soon.  BTW my DD will be 2 1/2 next week.  Message me if you have any questions.  I know how stressful it is and I'd be happy to help!  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)