Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you listen to? *music*

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM
  • 75 Replies

im trying to find some new music to listen to. but not the stuff thats ALWAYS played on the radio, thought i do like some of it, it just gets boring. whats some not as popular music you listen to?

A chance to WIN stuff

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamona
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Look up Kate Nash, she's great. I like the song "the nicest thing"

JuliaW
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I'm obsessed with Italian pop music. I adore Eros Ramazzotti:

Youtube Video

CallieLynsMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I hardly listen to the radio. I listen to a wide array of music but a few of my favorites include: Belle and Sebastian, Muse, and Eisley. I also listen to oldies, mostly 50's and 60's, Jay and the Americans, Buddy Holly, The Clovers, etc.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

60's and 70's classic and progressive rock.. im a minority for my age group.

bump 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I listen to music off the Pagan Radio Network mostly. I listen to my CDs in the car. It's all Pagan music unless DH is driving, then we listen to Linkin Park and Nickleback.

Nicole88
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM

All depends on your taste of music. My husband has dragged me into loving his music so I listen to certain songs of bands like 30 Seconds to Mars, Reggie and the Full Effect, Ted Leo and the Pharmacsts, Brand New, Incubus, Breaking Benjamin, Skillet and well, bits and pieces of regular music like on my playlist lol

milmiracle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:38 PM

i listen to instrumentals, ethnic, classicals depending on my mood and on what I feel is called for personally.  pop, light rock, sometimes heavy upbeat music. depending on what I am using the music for. sometimes I just want to listen to talk radio especially the ones that read you books.

Tracie1984
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I like a lot of folk rock and Brit rock. My favorite bands right now are, The Manic Street Preachers, Cocoon( A french folk/pop group) The Maccabees, Tom Baxter, Steve Earle and I LOVE Stereophonics!!

I am a Green Living, Organic Growing, Recycling, Co- Sleeping, Attachment Parenting, Baby Wearing, Husband Loving, Pro-Choice, For Gay Rights, T-shirt and Jean Adorning, Extended Rear Facing, Vaccinating, Time Out Giving, Natural Birthing, Breastfeeding, Baby Food Making, Kinda Crunchy Granola Momma. I love my boys and that is all that matters!

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:49 PM

If you like R&B, Neo-Soul and Hip Hop I can make some suggestions.  They're a lot, so I'd rather wait to see if you like it first, lol.

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

AidersMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Imagen Heap, Incubus, Paramore, Flyleaf, Fall Out Boy,Lit, Lykke Li, 311 ,Coldplay, Panic!at the Disco, Armor for Sleep, Brand New,Blondie,Damien Rice,Jack Johnson, Jimmy Eat World, Joshua Radin,Sugarcult, Relient K, Snow Patrol, Every single song off of the soundtrack of The Last Kiss, Taking Back Sunday, The Shins, Death Cab for Cutie, A Perfect Circle, Simon and Garfunkel, Interpol, Minus the Bear,Circa Survive,The Cranberries, Murder by Death, Iron and Wine, those darn Beatles...

There are tons I could rattle off, some are on the radio periodically and some most people I know have never heard of. I like to change it up...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)