• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maid..........how?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

How much does it cost to have a maid/cleaner come to your home once a week? To do stuff like, sweep, mop, bathrooms ect?? Maybe 8 hours a week?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tashamyork
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I want to know too...!

HeAvEnLyMoMoF3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Bump....me too!

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I guess it would depend on where you live. I live in TN. I clean my inlaws house twice a month. I get paid $50 each time I go. I do all the basic cleaning: dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, wiping down kitchen counter tops and cabinets, etc. It takes me about 3 hours to do their whole house.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:55 PM

My friend does house cleaning for a few different ladies each week. (one each day tues-thursday.)

She charges them by how much they want her to clean. I know the one lady's house on tuesdays always takes her the longest at about 5-6 hours, she charges that lady 80/week, and the woman often tips on top of it. 

I'll have to call her tomorrow to ask specifics if you want them.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:56 PM

You shouldn't need someone for 8 hours. Unless you want them to do laundry.

Basic mopping, vacuum, baseboards, sinks, tubs, counters should only take about 2 hours...here it runs around $40. And I prefer not to pay by the hour...you get taken advantage of.

adulation
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM

i don't know where you are but i've seen ads on craigslist for housekeepers, $10/hr.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I charge people I clean for per room. Depending on the size and condition of the room. Usually somewhere about 10$ a room with a 50$ a week minimum. I have been known to spend anywhere between 1-2 hours in a single room cleaning.

Photobucket

adulation
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Basic mopping, vacuum, baseboards, sinks, tubs, counters should only take about 2 hours...here it runs around $40. And I prefer not to pay by the hour...you get taken advantage of.

8 hours a week.... that could be 4 hours a day for two days  or 2 hours a day for 4.  . . .

some people have 'maids' over for 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.  i couldn't imagine, personally...

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Quoting adulation:

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

8 hours a week.... that could be 4 hours a day for two days  or 2 hours a day for 4.  . . .

some people have 'maids' over for 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.  i couldn't imagine, personally...

Yeah but she said 1 day a week...8 hours per week. Meaning 8 hours in one day...Unless someone is also doing your laundry or you live in a 6,000+ square foot house I cant fathom what they would clean for 8 hours.

adulation
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Quoting adulation:

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Yeah but she said 1 day a week...8 hours per week. Meaning 8 hours in one day...Unless someone is also doing your laundry or you live in a 6,000+ square foot house I cant fathom what they would clean for 8 hours.

i would think it depends on how many people are living in the house.  i only have one kid and spent a good 2 hours each day cleaning up after her.  if i had more that would = more time.

i spent about 8 hours if not more when i clean every room in my 4BR 2,200 sq ft house.  and like i said, only one kid here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)