Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for advice on "homeschooling" my little ones...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

I wasnt to start teaching my soon to be 4 year old DD at home some since she's still too young for school & she's already so bright. I want her to learn her letters & #s (regonizing them, she can count & sing abc's). but maybe some other things too. Does anyone know of any websites or anywhere I can go. or if anyone here is a homeschooling mom or anyone else has any ideas on how & what else I can teach her, I'd really appreciate it.

I would also love to start teaching my 22 mon old DS too while I'm at it, though he has a 2 second attention span LOL. So if anyone has any ideas on things I can teach him & how. I'd love that too!  Thanks!!

busy momCrystal  margarita time
*Single, working, loving mom to Madison - 3 1/2 & Danny - 19mons

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I just recently started to look into preschool home schooling, here are a couple sites I found:

http://www.abchomepreschool.com/

http://www.first-school.ws/

You can print a lot of worksheets for you DD to work on such as practicing writing letters and such.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Happy Homeschoolers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

squarepeg7
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Kids under five can memorize things very easily so just for fun when mine were about 3 or 4 I taught them all the states in the United States, in alphabetical order.  Then I taught them Archimedes' Principle ( I explained that it is about that floaty feeling you have in the bath tub). I just repeated these things over and over when we would take walks or when riding in the car, etc.  They all learned quickly and still know these things today (years later).  In fact, these things came in handy when they were in grammar school.

I also taught them to play chess when they were around 4 or 5.  I took them to the art museum and we looked at paintings.  We would bring sketch pads and draw what we saw.  We listened to Mozart, Bach, Beethoven and Tchaikowsky and eventually they could all tell one composer's music from anothers.   I would ask them to listen and draw a picture of what they thought the music was about.

We played "store".  We had play food and play money and I taught them how to count out change and about money in general - ten dimes equal one dollar, etc.

Most important - we had fun.  Any time you  spend with your child in one on one activities is good.

squarepeg7

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)