• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH upset

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DH gets upset cuz our DS seems to like my brother more than him (my brother watches DS atleast 3 days a week so they spend alot of time together). I keep trying to tell him that he needs to spend more time with DS but everytime he tries to DS cries and then DH gives up. I dont know what else to do. Any suggestions for more daddy bonding that might help cuz it is really starting to depress my DH?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ajswenson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM

My kids do the same thing.  Then a few months later it will be only Daddy they want.  It hurts the ego, but he just has to keep trying.  Kids don't mean to hurt feelings yet.

EmeryRosesMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM

make dh in charge of bath time..unless your son hates baths

LeannBecker
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I keep trying to tell him that it will get better. i feel bad cuz i know that it hurts his feelings. DS LOVES to take baths, usually we take turns giving him one but maybe it should be his "job" from now on

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Infant/Baby Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

My oldest was like that too - wanted everyone (it seemed) BUT daddy...then one day, he was ALL about daddy, and JUST daddy!  It's a phase I think every kid goes through at some point.  It might help to "assign" certain tasks to daddy - like bath time, or bed time...something that can just be theirs, where he can have quality time with him and just him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)